Getting low upload speeds on desktop but not on smartphone

• Thread starter Thread starter mAstic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1,672
Assuming on your Desktop, you have Windows OS, what if you boot thru some other OS like Live Linux USB (that runs off RAM) and check the speeds again.
Try restoring your Windows to an earlier state if you had restore points enabled and check again.

@rohitks yes I am using windows, I had created some restore points earlier I will try that, but I think I have to reinstall some apps, because I remember last time when I did that I had to reinstall few apps to run

There's one more thing you can try. It's called Clean Boot approach. There are plenty of guides on the net that tell you how to boot clean boot windows. You can always reset it later for normal startup.
Clean Boot will ensure that third-party services are stopped which sometimes might be interfering with Windows networking services.

Initial troubleshooting:

1. Did you try on different browser?
2. Use Speedtest app on Windows.
3. Check Ping differences on Mobile and PC.
4. Do you have any antivirus/firmware software installed? Sometimes this interferes the connection bandwidth. I have seen problem with Bitdefender doing so.
5. Try doing speedtest via Wifi and LAN. compare the differences.

And most important share your speedtest results. better if it has jitter and ping details.

@imdarkray 1. yes I tried different browsers
2. I already have and app which I need to run the speed test, but I can try downloading any other app for speed test
3. both have same ping, only 1-2ms difference which is normal
4. No, I just have windows defender
5. I tried both on LAN and wifi, it was the same, I have also tried connecting my smartphone via USB tethering still the issue was same, I think there is an issue with my desktop, is there anyway I can fix it, or does Airtel have different configurations for mobile and desktop?

In my area, there is an issue with power from Airtel's side. The power increases frequently, and then I have to call them to fix it. Is it because of that? before my router used to disconnect because of high power

@mAstic in place of speed tests, Why not try some demo uploading tests by trying to upload 100MB video file on Youtube?
I don't think PC Reset or any type of this thing will give any benefit. If you are getting 1GBPS Link speed, It will not impact anything after reset

Back