Google Android Marshmallow

After upgrading to 6.0, my Micromax A1 battery life became worse. It did not even last for 1 day. Earlier I use to recharge after every 2 days.
So I did factory reset. After reset, I havent installed many apps, still battery barely lasts 1 day now. Anybody else noticed battery issue after 6.0 upgrade.

Another issue I noticed (which I am not sure if its really issue) is screen is not tunring off during call, and sometimes some on-screen buttons gets pressed (like Speaker or notification bar pulled down) by my ear during call.

Disabled Wifi and Bluetooth scanning, now need to see how much battery remains tomorrow morning.

After upgrading to 6.0, my Micromax A1 battery life became worse. It did not even last for 1 day. Earlier I use to recharge after every 2 days.
So I did factory reset. After reset, I havent installed many apps, still battery barely lasts 1 day now. Anybody else noticed battery issue after 6.0 upgrade.

Another issue I noticed (which I am not sure if its really issue) is screen is not tunring off during call, and sometimes some on-screen buttons gets pressed (like Speaker or notification bar pulled down) by my ear during call.

My dad's A1 seems to have the same problem. Upon inspecting it, I see that the CPU is running at 1.3ghz all the time and not going to deep sleep. Turning wifi/Bluetooth scanning off doesn't help. Hope a bug fix update is on the way.

Marshmallow is crap on low end devices. I have all the three andriod one phones, the battery backup sucks, reverted to 5.1 cyanogen (not stock) Battery backup is now as it should be. Now waiting for cyanogen 13 (Cyanogen version of marshmallow) ...

My dad's A1 seems to have the same problem. Upon inspecting it, I see that the CPU is running at 1.3ghz all the time and not going to deep sleep. Turning wifi/Bluetooth scanning off doesn't help. Hope a bug fix update is on the way.
Right. I wonder where is that Doze feature!
2 days back my phone had 70% battery at 11:30 PM. Next morning at 7:30 AM, it was 20%!
In 8 hours with mobile data/Wifi/Bluetooth off it lost 50% battery. Now my phone is always hooked to charger or USB cable :(
Really hoping for fix soon.
BTW how is battery behavior on Nexus or other devices which got 6.0 upgrade?

Doze mode isn't working as the CPU is not going to deep sleep and it's always stuck at 1.3ghz frequency.

Battery life is awesome on my Nexus 6 running marshmallow. But it's slightly worse than when I was running Preview 3. The battery goes down slightly faster when I'm using the phone if compared with the same usage while running Preview 3. I'm sure a bug fix update is underway.

Could CPU usage depend upon type of processors - Mediatek or Snapdragon?
Android One phones are having Mediatek processors and perhaps these are only Mediatek processor phones which got 6.0 update.

Back