Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
Did anyone get a new update or something?
My android OS in data usage was continuously taking around 540kb/s so I just restricted the usage for now. I may give it a try once I go back home.

androidfreak said:
No updates here.
Yeah, just checked, in about device, no updates yes. But something sure was taking alot of data (some about 110mb) so I restricted the data. After that I restarted my phone and then removed the limitation and no data is being used now. I wonder what that was. But I'm pretty sure it was in "android OS" which only mean system updates or such I guess.

Nexus 4 with it's quad core and 2 gb ram should easily supports 3-3.5 yrs worth of upgrades. google should amends it's policy if it's newer iterations are going to be more lighter in resources.
People's will hesitate to buy newer nexus phones because of this stupid policy

wait for a few months... the policy would be updated. they have created a problem for themselves using the 18 months excuse. if n4 is supported past may 2014... they are going to get a lot of hate from Galaxy nexus owners.
things are becoming complicated for mobile phone makers. it seems unlikely that the processing power would increase at the same rate for more than a year or two. i mean where are we headed? 16 cores? 32 cores? 64 cores?

It was not expected. 4.3 was also not expected. But they managed to deliver a f**ked up 4.3. And then they highlighted massive performance improvements on less powerful hardware. But they do not have any hardware to showcase this performance improvements.
Do you really believe that they did not test out Android 4.4 on Galaxy Nexus? I know for a fact that lots of Googlers working on Android have been using Nexus S for development work over the last couple of months.
So when you launch a new OS update highlighting how well it is supposed to work on low end hardware… And you do not release it for your own low end hardware just because it is old… It just looks stupid. What are they trying to say? KitKat is designed for shitty hardware devices that are going to launch in the future? Because I do not see Samsung or HTC or Sony to bother releasing Android 4.4 for their low end devices (could happen though).
Google could have set an example… By making it available on both Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus as a proof of concept if nothing else. Rather than leaving Galaxy Nexus on a shitty 4.3 update which has massive performance related issues.

Back