Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,793
Well, Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant and not scratch proof. And it's basically a GLASS after all. If you use a phone roughly, it's always a good idea to use a screenguard.

Gorilla Glass is not bullet proof glass. It would still chip or break under some circumstances. To be fair even bullet proof is not exactly bullet proof as higher capacity guns would break it/shatter it.

I am using flip cover with my Note 3, but never used any cover with my iPhone 5 and not using any even with my nexus 5, also my iPhone 5 has no scratches at all on it, it even depends how you handle your devices, all varies from person to person

It will scratch if it comes into contact with particles that are harder than the glass itself. Bits of sand in particular. So, yes, you do need a screen guard, if you'd like the display to remain relatively scratch free.That said, I hadn't used one on my S2, and nothing happened to it; whereas a fine scratch or two developed on the N4 within a day or two.

Yup. I had a chip on my One X within a day of very careful usage. I do not like chips or scratches. I am sort of OCD about them. Hence screen guards are essential for me.Once the phone is in a reliable case with screen guard... I can be careless with it. I carry it in pocket with keys and other stuff on bike.

Yup. I had a chip on my One X within a day of very careful usage. I do not like chips or scratches. I am sort of OCD about them. Hence screen guards are essential for me.Once the phone is in a reliable case with screen guard... I can be careless with it. I carry it in pocket with keys and other stuff on bike.
I have not used screen guard since ages, probably used it last time when I owned Nokia N97, doesn't it spoils the touch screen experience ?

Screen guard definitely has an impact on color reproduction .. colors can be a little washed out. Thought I prefer the matte screen guard since it doesn't attract fingerprints and doesn't have reflections

It does. But it's better than having a broken screen if it falls down while coming out of the car. Which has happened a lot of times with me. :pleasantry:

only had little issue with low birghtness levels with screen guard, a friend mange to convince me to remove it after one year of buying the cell phone :P

Back