Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
Dextermorgan said:
People seem to be sticking to dual core over quad core argument. All the reviews show moto x dual core is more than enough to power apps without any hitch.
No, I wasn't going for that :)

Ashish said:
The key point is "optimisation".
And Nexus series majors in them no? :)

I have a Galaxy Nexus running the official build of Android 4.3. The phone is impossible to use for anything. I do not see how it is anywhere near optimized. I am sure plenty of Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 owners here would tell you that third party builds are more optimized for Nexus hardware. Google's builds are usually quite disappointing.

> That's the whole reason people upgrade no? To get the latest hardware. Just check iPhone 4 on iOS7. Just check your phone on 4.3. Just in future check Motorola X after 2 years on 5.0 ( oh well, we aren't even sure if it will get that ). Check N4 on 4.3. It's buttery smooth!
> As for Nexus 4, well I used it for couple of months and it impressed me alot. The max I did with stock was install a custom launcher just to use some customization. I never wanted new type of battery icon, or invisible bars. That's why I'm upgrading. I still love my 4 but I am upgrading just for the sake of upgrading. Just to be future proof. Yes, people use custom rom's and kernal's but that is something happens to every phone out there. People support 3rd party build because there are tons of development support for Nexus devices and no surprise that N5 will get the same support. So, developers will ofcourse do better than stock. That's why people prefer stock, custom builds over optimus/touchwiz.

Future proof? Your existing phone has a quad core processor and 2GB RAM. And you are getting the same in Nexus 5.

I know, Nexus 5 is that tempting :D
My advice: Skip this generation. Use your cash for the Nexus 7(2013) and buy the N6.Just saying :)

Back