Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,783
A friend of mine has instructions to order an extra unit for me from Google Play as soon as it goes on sale. lol.Though I would get the Moto X over Nexus 5 if it gets a Google Play edition at same or lower price. Not at USD 450 which is the regular price right now.

btw, let's say moto X do comes to play store, and also with the same price as Nexus 5. Why would you go for Moto X now when there is better hardware and that too comes with a Nexus. I could understand going for Moto X against a samsung's phone or any other. But why go for X when N5 is here?

Because I also bought a Fiat car and a Yamaha motorcycle?Because I prefer using Google+ over Facebook?Because I prefer using Hangouts over WhatsApp?I just need a new phone that would survive 1-1.5 years of moderate usage. So it does not matter that the phone has a dual core processor instead of quad core and 720p display instead of 1080p as long as it's different. Of course I am talking about the MotoMaker here. I know the color combination I want :)

only point? it is also a 4.7" device and has the extras that nexus 5 is currently rumored to have but might not have (the hardware supported features).

chromaniac said:
it is also a 4.7"
You didn't mentioned that above ;) anyways, let's wait for nexus 5 announcement and then finally can compare the softwares features of X. The always on feature? it's just a rumor atm, and I don't think so it will be on nexus5, as that's something that is exclusive for Moto X for now, I don't know why would google would want to slow the sales of Moto X as that is one prime feature of X.

It's not Google's patented technologies. Qualcomm has been said to be developing their own similar custom processors similar to Motorola that could have been included on Nexus 5. It is unlikely that Google would restrict features to Motorola devices. They are more like using Motorola as a showcase of newer technologies to show what else can be achieved. Motorola Ara is another example of the same philosophy.
Just an example of what you can get through MotoMaker:

People seem to be sticking to dual core over quad core argument. All the reviews show moto x dual core is more than enough to power apps without any hitch.

Back