Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,785
I thought the rumours were for 1 Nov. so that should be tomorrow night.
If touchless control comes, it would be with 4.4 so I am definitely not upgrading ;)

ok even i am waiting for the launch and i am worried about warranty part , i mean repairs only , if its not launched in india soon , then what? also if it came DOA then what? how can one in india get it repaired?
anyone can tell?

you pay for repairs?
i have a feeling that google is planning a wide launch and it might appear on flipkart sooner than later. india got the haswell chromebooks along with the US market.

paying for repairs is ok , but can and will technician be able to repair it in india? without availability of spares?

so you wait for them to get the spares? i mean they cannot repair a device if the spares are not available right? a few days might be needed for them to source the spares if there are any parts that are not used on existing devices.

chromaniac said:
so you wait for them to get the spares? i mean they cannot repair a device if the spares are not available right? a few days might be needed for them to source the spares if there are any parts that are not used on existing devices.
even that is okay but the question is , is it possible in india ?
who provides this kind of service here in india?
my local shops dont , i do not think you got the core of my question? how many technician in india are importing spares and providing repairs like this?

LG service center would be able to do it for you. These phones are usually all the same inside these days. So it's not like they require some extra training for simple repairs. You are in Delhi... Gaffar Market people would probably be able to repair phones manufactured 10 years ago.

If N5 is not launched in india by LG or google, then you won't get any service from Official Service centers. This happened the same to a guy on other forum and he had Nexus 4. He had to wait till May/June to get his repaired. LG wouldn't take his phone for repairs even if he give money for the repairs and shipping/etc.

OK. Not sure about LG. Samsung service center repairs my imported Chromebook without any issues. The guy even imported a small component that needed to be replaced on special order. I pay for everything though.
Have never needed to get any repairs done on imported Nexus devices. I have owned four of them.

Back