Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,793
Going to state the obvious. Nexus One has been the only Nexus device to offer external storage.

I am confused, my budget was limited for 16gb imported model already and with no card slot it's so crazy for me to get it, I have Note 2 with 8gb card so total 24gb, how will I survive on 16gb? Probably with not buying nexus :wacko:

LOL..seriously? Don't tell me with all those leaks and their past record you were hoping for Nexus 5 to have a card slot? :O

I am most likely going to buy the 16GB model and order a case and screenguard from USA. I have never used more than 3-4GB on my Nexus devices so 32GB is useless for me. It's not like the phone would have a better resale value when I decide to sell it :P

LOL..seriously? Don't tell me with all those leaks and their past record you were hoping for Nexus 5 to have a card slot? :O
Yeah seriously I didn't look at specs at all until today because I don't believe much in speculations in gadgets

I have learnt it the hard way. Going for the premium option does not mean anything when you are trying to sell it a year or two down the lane.
ishaan said:
Yeah seriouslyI didn't look at specs at all until today because I don't believe much in speculations in gadgets
Well. Google does not give a reason for why they do not offer expandable storage on Nexus devices but the answer is quite logical I guess. If they offer expandable storage, no one would buy the 32GB model which means that they would be losing money that they make now on the high margins. This does not matter much to Samsung or HTC coz they are selling their devices at almost double the price. Also... it also means that they do not have to worry about adding complexity to the Android builds to support expandable storage. Entire storage is available for apps or media which I believe is the best part here. Not sure if the same applies to S4/One/N3 devices.

Back