Google Nexus 6P

I am not going to use the stylus much.i Use a S4 now and was considering s6 but S6 has rom issues so waited.Now am confused between N5 or 6P.

Doze mode kicks in if you do not use phone for a while. I have not dived into settings. I think you can set apps to ignore the doze mode to still send you notifications or something like that. App developers can have different settings for doze mode. For example... Twitter is sending DM notifications in doze mode but mentions wait till you access the phone.

read this article:
Google Developers Blog: How Twitter used Doze in Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Improve Notification Performance

How do you enable doze mode though ??
Is it like a ON/OFF feature ??
I did not see any option to enable/disable doze mode. I guess it is active always. When it find that phone is not moved from its position for long time (perhaps 1 hour or more) then doze mode gets activated.

If you plan to upgrade from S4, 6P is probably a great choice. But do remember that vanilla Android can get too boring too soon. You are going to miss a lot of features that are baked in Samsung's ROM.

here is more about doze:
Optimizing for Doze and App Standby | Android Developers platform_series_androidm_122115&utm_source=gdev&utm_medium=blog

features like? :D i have no idea. i am not even sure what features are part of google's android these days. sms blocking is now available in the messaging app. do we have blocking of mobile numbers? not sure. samsung probably has a lot of extra features built-in for which you would probably need third party apps on stock android.

someone who has used both samsung and nexus devices would be able to explain more.

i mean... mom's mi note has lots of features that are not available on stock android. it kind of helps as i do not have to install 10 more apps on the phone. they already exist there. voice recorder for example. mi support recording of calls. not sure if you can do that without rooting on stock android.

yes. doze basically puts the phone in even deeper sleep. people use greenify like apps for this already right? if app developers make apps that respect the feature, apps like greenify might not be needed anymore. but then there is always going to be a rogue app for everyone who does not give a shit and keep the phone awake in standby mode eating battery. not sure if google is force-controlling this behavior in marshmallow.

I'm looking to get a new phone as well with LTE preferably.. :/
But I don't have a big budget..probably around 16-17k

Back