Google Nexus 6P

they are two very different devices catering to very different segments. If you can live with a larger device, 6P is a better purchase. If you want a more compact solution, go for 5X. Neither of the devices are VFM.

Plus there is no 64GB option in Nexus 5x IIRC. Which makes it a no-no for a lot of people.

Doze mode is pretty freaking amazing. I mean battery drops like crazy when I actually use the phone. But doze mode compensates for all of it. For a light user, this is pretty awesome. One can imagine how phones with 4000/5000mah batteries would work with this! Moto Turbo with 500mah more could actually give 12 hours more battery life!

KDSbDeV.png

I'm just wondering if the 10k extra is worth it for the 6P. Size ain't a problem for me, I quite like both the sizes. It's the overall performance of the phone I'm going after.

Also, if they aren't value for money.. what in your opinion is?

If I can live in 16/32GB storage space, I would go for 5X.

Yeah. I'm looking at the 32GB Nexus 5X. It's Rs. 30,990 which is around 8k more than the 16GB version! 6P is 40K! I could buy from the USA. Is it cheaper there? My dad is going next week.

I've been waiting to see what the Mi5 has to offer but that is never launching and if anything else launches with the Snapdragon 820 at an affordable price.

USA model has support for different bands. So check that if 4G LTE support is important to you. I am not sure about price difference. And the price difference is 8K because Amazon sellers have dropped the price of 16GB model probably because it was not selling well. Google's own price gap is not that high.

Basically, the bottom line is... if the price difference is substantial (read 8k-10k), then the 6P isn't worth that difference?

You are missing the point. Google launched two models because Nexus 6 did not work out for a lot of people. The two phones are catering two different markets. One which like smaller devices. And the other which prefer larger devices. And since there is no expandable storage, the choice is pretty simple. If larger size does not matter much to you and you can live with 32GB, get the Nexus 5X. If you want 64GB, you would need to get 6P. You need to decide if 32GB is enough for you and 5X display is large enough for your purpose. The 16GB model of 5X is practically useless for any serious smartphone user. You cannot store much media on it. You cannot storage more than a few games. It is pretty much a compromise that Google should not have focused on. For 25K, I would rather suggest getting the OP2 because that's the better choice to get in this segment of the market. In any case, if you are going to root the phone or install a custom ROM, there is no point going for the Nexus phones in any case. Get a cheaper phone with expandable storage and install your favorite Android ROM on it. And save yourself a lot of money. The only thing you would miss is a good quality fingerprint sensor and arguably a good camera sensor.

Back