Google Nexus 7 32GB HSPA+

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 16,654
So, a friend is coming to India from USA in the second week of December. Now, I would of course want to buy the Nexus 4 but it looks impossible to score a unit in the next 10 days or so. The next best option is Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. Or even a Chromebook. Nexus 10 is around 400 dollars which makes it an expensive purchase for me (considering I am in a financial mess). So, the best possible option is getting one of the variants of Nexus 7. Variants: 16GB, 32GB, 32GB+3G. I am tempted to go for the cheapest version. Though price different is not that big of an issue. 100 dollars more I get double storage and 3G support (might help in resale value? :P ). Based on my experience, Android devices have crappy resale value so it make little sense to go for an expensive variant even though the price difference is hardly 5000 rupees. I do not expect to watch movies on the tablet though I might. 12GB would be good enough for a bunch of movies if I am out traveling. Want to discuss if there is a good reason to go for the 32GB version or the 3G edition. Also, what else can I get him to bring me? :D I usually would have thought about a media player device but I do not own a TV and do not intend to buy one. Damn confusion. If only Nexus 4 was readily available. :D I would not pay premium for the T-Mobile version.Should add here that I already have a 3G plan on my phone (with its own range of issues!). So, I can always tether in times of need. I would not like to pay for another 3G sim.Tempted to order a SSD... Though it would be a pain to switch my current install to the new SSD. :\

lol. my music is stored on google music. as for movies, i am used to watching them on a 30" display. 7" is a joke :D nexus 7 owners here... question for you. how load are the speakers on the device while playing movie files? i never understood nexus smartphones. ringtones are loud enough. but play video and you have to bring the phone to your ear to listen to the dialogs making it useless to even watch youtube videos.

speakers are strictly average, not very loud. the battery life is decent but it doesn't last me more than 6-7 days even on standby and if wifi is turned on the battery gets drained in 1-2 days. the original iPad that I have have still gives way better battery life than this.

Most of the Tabs have average speakers only...theres no solution to it...Atleast mine does..!!Sometimes the sound also depends on the applications we use...so doesn't really matter i guess!!

For a decent exp with sound, headphones are ur best bet... Get some decent Sennheiser headphones for 1.5-2k... Better VFM than something like Bose... Also even if u don't want 3G on ur tab go for the 32GB version... No point in regretting later & the price diff between the 2 is only $50...

righto. planning to take the 3G version. it might not be of any use to me but whoever takes it from me might need it!

lol even I want nexus smartphone, no need of tablet as I have 1 allready. My friends bro is coming for new year, but I am so unlucky phone is not in Stock :(

I bought two 10 $ covers which double up as stand as well. One never arrived. In addition I also got 2 cheap screen protectors for 100 bucks each. Also got a full body protection from xtremeguard.Already had the otg cable so did not buy a new one.

well there are enough people in usa waiting for their units :D india ka number thoda late aayega.

otg cable basically lets you access data stored in hard drives and pen drives?they are selling protector for the back of the nexus 7? i thought it was soft rubbery?

Back