Google Nexus 7 32GB HSPA+

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 16,654
So, a friend is coming to India from USA in the second week of December. Now, I would of course want to buy the Nexus 4 but it looks impossible to score a unit in the next 10 days or so. The next best option is Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. Or even a Chromebook. Nexus 10 is around 400 dollars which makes it an expensive purchase for me (considering I am in a financial mess). So, the best possible option is getting one of the variants of Nexus 7. Variants: 16GB, 32GB, 32GB+3G. I am tempted to go for the cheapest version. Though price different is not that big of an issue. 100 dollars more I get double storage and 3G support (might help in resale value? :P ). Based on my experience, Android devices have crappy resale value so it make little sense to go for an expensive variant even though the price difference is hardly 5000 rupees. I do not expect to watch movies on the tablet though I might. 12GB would be good enough for a bunch of movies if I am out traveling. Want to discuss if there is a good reason to go for the 32GB version or the 3G edition. Also, what else can I get him to bring me? :D I usually would have thought about a media player device but I do not own a TV and do not intend to buy one. Damn confusion. If only Nexus 4 was readily available. :D I would not pay premium for the T-Mobile version.Should add here that I already have a 3G plan on my phone (with its own range of issues!). So, I can always tether in times of need. I would not like to pay for another 3G sim.Tempted to order a SSD... Though it would be a pain to switch my current install to the new SSD. :\

OT: Should I ask a friend to send me a Nexus 4 from outside? What about warranty?

Got the cover that manu1991 had listed in the other thread. 12 usd , AFAIK. No screen guard. Samsung OTG cable for 300 rs.

As I said before I don't see a point in using a 7 inch device if I already have a five inch one. 10 inch device will any day be a better bet for me.

^^ Don't worry about warranty, they will be of good quality. If u get some problem get is repaired at nearest LG service center, it might cost u few bucksBut any how it should not give u any problem

well i plan to skip nexus 4 completely. need something beefier for usage at home. 4.7 is too small for me!

otg cable basically lets you access data stored in hard drives and pen drives?

they are selling protector for the back of the nexus 7? i thought it was soft rubbery?

Yes. in addition on a rooted device you can use a 3g USB dongle with it as well. You can get it for as low as 150 bucks on eBay.

i find nexus 4 a nice buy but i'm concerned about the warranty thing. there is something called international warranty right?

My friend is coming tomorrow from US and he is carrying a Nexus 7 for me. i was buying 16GB version from play store which would've costed me 200+tax+shipping = ~$235.changed the mind and bought 32GB version from Newegg @ $249 and no tax on it and free shipping.

Back