Google Pay India (GPay)

What exactly is Android Pay? I mean if launched in India, it would be similar in nature to Paytm Wallet right? It requires NFC capable PoS machines which means that they would have to deal with machine suppliers in the country to add support for their technology? With UPI they get access to a platform that the government is already forcing on the banks and consumers.

ok. i installed tez on dad's phone and this is what i found out.

he has three bank accounts connected on the app. and all of them are accessible through different vpas at the same time.

the app in fact add -1 -2 -3 suffixes for different bank accounts. so i basically ended up created nine vpas for his three accounts.

so basically this is how it worked:

Account 1:
name@okhdfcbank
name-1@okicici
name-2@okaxis

Account 2:
name-1@okhdfcbank
name@okicici
name-1@okaxis

Account 3:
name-2@okhdfcbank
name-2@okicici
name@okaxis

Me too did this mistake by making VPA with my name in AXIS PAY app
mynamesbi@axisbank
mynamebob@axisbank
mynamesyn@axisbank
Later on i realised a easy method only when installed and tested other UPI apps

I should have created VPA with my mobile number
98410xxxxxsbi@axisbank
98410xxxxxbob@axisbank
98410xxxxxsyn@axisbank

Is there any way to rename my VPA's?

that would depend upon the app. google does not allow any customization. PhonePe does allow deletion of vpas. not sure if there is a limit on how many vpas you can keep on creating as any vpa you delete is blocked for other people for a period of 2 years so there is massive scope of misuse.

Finally, my rewards are released and I got every penny I had.. :)

Tez is nice but sometimes its slow a bit than other UPI Payments like PhonePay, and the UI Somewhat is not good.. for now PhonePay UPI and funtionility is better than Tez

UI is indeed slow right now. And I am yet to get any benefits for any referrals. I can only imagine that no one used my referral link on the forum :P

more than UI ,Transactions are too slow... 2 of my friends sent me 51rs each and it's been 5mins again they are seeing the same message waiting for the bank from last 15mins... :p

again 2 of my refferals money got stack from 3 days , and support says wait 3more days...

the first transaction i did. app timed out. but the transaction went through fine. never got a referral for that.

the fact that i can only chat with support on the phone means that i am too lazy to discuss it with them again.

Back