Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCYZ3gXfy8Two things I like to mention about this ad... 1. Google Plus Instant Upload does not upload original files. It resizes them to 2048 pixels.2. Apple iOS 5 already does it if you have the iCloud configured I believe.

1. Google Plus Instant Upload does not upload original files. It resizes them to 2048 pixels.

True, they should instead offer options to the consumers.

Paid where they don't mess up with your image quality.

Wait! I had flickr in mind when I thought about it.

Does Google have any paid image hosting service, no, right?

Maybe they can roll out something like that now :D

Wait! They have Picasa :|

the point is that very very few people have storage accounts on google. and google does not want to eat their 1GB free storage limitation. google would eventually start promoting paid storage services on their accounts as plus becomes more popular. they need to do a lot more to migrate features from picasa web to plus. google has paid image storage of course. buy google storage. 20GB for 5 dollars a year. 80GB for 20 dollars a year. And this storage can be used in Gmail, Google Docs and Picasa Web. and you can use Picasa desktop app to upload originals to your account. flickr is cool for users who want unlimited storage at a fixed cost. they offer unlimited storage for around 25 dollars per year. but they do not support video (larger than 90 seconds). google offers free storage for videos of up to 15 minutes in length. though you lose access to the raw file that is uploaded to their servers.

Back