Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,789
Google needs to do something about it.'nowadays' A normal 5 minute HD video recorded using an android phone is about 550 MB.Same goes with images, now when people use so many Google services.Gmail, Plus, Gtalk, Picasa, YouTube(It's free and that should remain free, heh) etcThere should be seamless and a centralized data system between them all, at least between Plus, Picasa and Gmail.Apple is one step ahead apparently with iCloud, I guess?

Apple icloud has major restrictions. there is no permanent online storage. you have to sync the data to your computer within 30 days or you could lose the data.

google is handling it pretty nicely. 15 minute free video is pretty awesome considering they support HD video quality.

for photos, you can get a paid storage account and do a manual sync once a week. i have submitted feedback about offering the ability to save originals using instant upload as an option.

----------

How to block What's Hot items from appearing in your Google Plus stream!

If only they can somehow delink the Plus profile and Picasa in a way that it doesnt appear to b a Social networking site to systems!Since the time it is getting blocked at office, i m struggling to find 1 good service that i can use to upload from my cell, and also share that gallery with everyone.I tried Box & Dropbox....both r blocked at office. Imgur app in Android is just pathetic - i cant create new folders in the first place......and then for sharing, i m not able ti share the whole album.Yesterday there was an advertiser on forum from Minus....but its app too appears to b nonsense. Unless i upload from PC i cant create a new folder.Yet to try Lightbox, but i think its just for image sharing only?

offices do not specifically block social networks. they block services they believe is used by office workers to waste time online. it does not matter if plus is a social network or not, if it is not being used for productivity reasons in an office environment, it is bound to be blocked. and do not worry. if you manage to find any new service that allows you to share photos with your office workers, it would be discovered eventually and blocked as well. offices are not meant for personal social networking. if you want to share stuff with your colleagues do it through your mobile devices.

Check the companies policy book.Make sure they don't have any strict action thing against internet access.Use proxy.

The notification bar has become static for me.I liked the previous one, maybe its the human tendency to reject sudden change :DBut, previous bar was quite compact and yeah, better screen space.P.s The bar is static while browsing in full screen otherwise, it doesn't follow you otherwise.

Ah well the restriction is pretty much attached with Social Networking. If someone else without a Google profile shares images on Picasa, everyone can access that link. But when i share, everyone get the message that site is blocked.So its clear that it has got to do with my Plus profile only.

you can easily share the links from picasa if that is the case. all photos shared through plus enabled accounts are also accessible from picasa links.

Back