Got myself a Zee DTH Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 13,327
heh not in today's generation of tvs for sure. they can handle everything. they dont even need stabilizers ;)

i am not electronic engg or anything.. but switching on/off TV directly from mains cud possibly blow away fuse of TV. (may be tube too?). not sure but other members can confirm if it involves risk.

If that is the case someone pl. let me know..can't afford a new TV and don't want to take any risk!:O

well as per Sushubh's post i assume (implicit) that even he has heard abt (old) tv's blowing up. so may be u shud not take risk not atleast if u have old one.

I think TVs are capable of handling this abuse. In most cities, electricity is not a 24/7 thing and any TV that can't handle power outages wont survive in Indian market.

Well my TV is 7 years old 14 inch Aiwa and so far given no problems (touchwood). While on the subject of voltage fluctuations, would you guys still recommend a stabiliser for TV/ Fridge etc. Mumbai power supply has never given problems till now but with this monsoon havoc, it just might..currently I just use a spikebuster for TV but nothing for the fridge.

the power situation at our place is so bad that even tubelight strips don't survive 6 months.

@meaculpa.. i think if u see the input rating..usually written at the back of the TV where power supply goes in..u can ascertain the amount of abuse ur TV can take in terms of voltage fluctuation.Mine says 200~240 V..and the voltage at my place never goes beyond these limits..so i dont need a stabilizer/CVT

Mumbai power supply is quite good. Power frequency and voltage are almost always within acceptable range. Before moving to Mumbai, leaving a PC on for a week would have been simply impossible.

@ cyberwiz - thanks will check it out@ sushubh - last year I stayed in our company guest house in gurgaon. I remember fluctuations were so bad UPS kept tripping, AC kept going on and off and even lights flickered. But I believed situation has improved since then..

I need 2 know hw it performs in rains with u ppl; myself using dish tv 4 more than a year now and the signal disappears 4 long during rains;am frm kerala n rains frequent these days..;could this b due 2 improper installation of the dish..?

Back