Has BSNL capped upload speed on Fiber Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter thadougamer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 22,458
Guys, my BSNL's upload speed back to normal now. Getting full speed :)

Still the same bullshit in Shillong

3B160E71-36C3-4421-9BA6-C86619D9D034.webp

Screenshot_20200306-091949.jpgScreenshot_20200306-091751.jpgScreenshot_20200306-091506.jpgScreenshot_20200306-092311.jpg

Finally reached home, and speeds look alright as of now. The test on fast.com sometimes give very low speed.

However the disconnects once or twice every hour is surely irritating. Hope things are back to normal soon.

PS fast.com speeds are over IPv6 which at the moment appears to be uncapped. My plan speed is 50 Mbps.

Last edited:
What's the cheapest Kerala Vision plan? @arunkadambanattu

Maybe I should also open an account to test and see how it is. 🤪 I wonder if they'd charge me for installation, considering all they'd need to do would be to setup an account for me. 😝 I'll see if I can check with the LCO.

But there is no self service online payment option for Kerala Vision right? Payment etc have to be done through the LCO?

I contacted the LCO and submitted the ID proof and photo to open a Kerala Vision account. The LCO person seemed bit un-sure about me configuring both BSNL and Kerala Vision with the same ONT. I said I will take care of configuring it, just get me the VLAN ID and creds etc.

Opted for the Rs 499 + tax plan (50 Mbps / 300 GB) It seems like some new plan, cause the LCO contact didn't seem aware of it. Anyway he said will call me once my account is setup.

@arunkadambanattu

@varkey can you check internet stability while using only ipv4.

The PPP connection is independent of IPv6 or IPv4 right? 🤔 The disconnects are still happening, once an hour mostly.
I am not noticing any difference in speed or performance, although latency seems slightly less for some IPv6 endpoints.

@Ameen Test against the same server ;)

Back