Having a weird issue lately with MTNL broadband

I have been having this weird issue with MTNL broadband lately....My net disconnects/slows down to the point that its as good as disconnected every 10-15 minutes for 5 seconds and then is back to normal speed :|
For example if i am surfing on facebook and I refresh the page...It will refresh as normal but once in every 10-15 minutes the page won't refresh like the server is down and then after few seconds it will work again normally ....This has been happening for the last 10 days.
I got my line resetted from MTNL call center - no luck
I changed my dns to open dns from google dns - still no luck....
any idea what is going on? never faced such a issue before.

Line stats.

Linestats are ok I feel......as they used to be ....ping high since many months and sometimes net get disconnected.
here are the linestats anyways...

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
:​
23.1 10.5 db
Line Attenuation​
35.0 18.3 db
Data Rate​
2047 509 kbps
Max Rate​
15812 1280 kbps
POWER​
18.2 -8.6 dbm
CRC​
0 21

This is mostly a modem or ur modem wire issue.
I was having same issue around a yr ago and modem was at fault. So try to get a modem from somewhere and try running ur net on it. Better raise a broadband problem request with mtnl on 1504

realsoccerdude1 said:
I have been having this weird issue with MTNL broadband lately....My net disconnects/slows down to the point that its as good as disconnected every 10-15 minutes for 5 seconds and then is back to normal speed :|
For example if i am surfing on facebook and I refresh the page...It will refresh as normal but once in every 10-15 minutes the page won't refresh like the server is down and then after few seconds it will work again normally ....This has been happening for the last 10 days.
I got my line resetted from MTNL call center - no luck
I changed my dns to open dns from google dns - still no luck....
any idea what is going on? never faced such a issue before.
I have the same problem with frequent disconnections. All the lights on the modem are present when it happens but the net just won't work for few couple sec sometimes even minutes or (I have to manually unplug the power cable of the modem) and come back again. Facing this issue since 2 months. Surfing is a hell lot of lame now, downloads are pretty manageable since they resume once the net starts working again. Surfing is mere pain and not worth using this BB connection now :(
And the CC ladies are clueless?

Back