Hello. Am into a serious problem..Need help!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sagar3339
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,149
any links ??
Will find out and post it. It's on IPTV Forum only, may be on the other big thread on IPTV Launch in Bangalore.

try the reverse way it wont work.
Yes it wont, normally, but why will I want to do that, when I have it working this way ;o)

Simplest possible solution ..... use your phone line for broadband and local cable/TS/DTV for TV. (Forget IPTV) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: A small doubt, please excuse if it is a stupid question. Cant you use a splitter in the phone line, take a line to your TV set and connect it to the ADSL2 modem they gave and use IPTV. Take the other line to your wireless modem, and use it for your broadband service?

Connection:Phone line ~~ splitter ~~Wireless Router ~~(wirelessly) ~~ PC.Splitter ~~ Phone.IPTV Set top box should be connected to wireless router through LAN cable.If we choose this connection, all we need is to have wireless LAN card in PC, if u plan for this then choose Netgear it is very stable.Before doing anything, with present hardware, just try to connect ur IPTV set top box with wireless router, put the internet cable to the WAN port of wireless router.This is wht many has suggested but plz check this connection with present hardware.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. But I am looking for just two answers. 1. Now if I have to exchange my Linksys modem. With which one could I exchange with. Anybody using a wireless modem other than what BSNL provides may let me know. 2. The two-way switch which ess... was talking of? if I use that can i use both the IPTV and internet at same time and use both modems together?Yes, the IPTV is quite satisfactory to me except that it takes quite a few seconds to a minute for the STB to get adjusted while surfing channels and also sometimes the picture freezes. Otherwise, quality wise i felt it is good.Thanks again for your efforts....:)

Confirm how you have connected your a)computer b) STB/Television setTelephone.The modem make and model now used Any wireless router for the set up Para two : Details of the wireless router you want to sell Para three : Confirm you have read the opinions/suggestions given in this thread and have no problem a) in watching IPTV b)surf the internet

UFF...ALASThanks everybody for ur replies...well i was lucky enough as the shopkeeper exchanged the modem for few more items that i wanted to purchase. Now I have requested for a wireless modem in BSNL to avoid any further fuss. God knows when our great BSNL will provide that.Any way..thanks u all for ur suggestions and opinions on this regard.

Back