Help connecting Syrotech gateway to TpLink gateway over LAN

• Thread starter Thread starter deamer112
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,720
ISP
BSNL
Hello! I recently upgraded my BSNL FTTH plan from 50Mbps to 150Mbps & I'm having a lot of trouble making the best of my bandwidth.

For a bit of background: before I upgraded my plan I was doing WDS bridging of the 2.4Ghz Wifi network from the Syrotech gateway using an TP-Link C6 router & speeds were ok.

But after I upgraded, I noticed the speeds aren't what they were supposed to be. So I decided to hook up the syrotech gateway directly (with a crossover LAN cable) to an old Tplink D5 gateway while running the D5 in router mode. But no matter what I try, I'm unable to get this done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TLDR:
Previous setup:
BSNL FTTH > Syrotech gateway > 2.4 GHz wifi > WDS bridged to C6 2.4 GHz wifi

Required setup:
BSNL FTTH > Syrotech gateway w/o wifi > LAN connection to D5 in router mode > WDS bridging of D5's 5Ghz wifi to C6

I just opened the Web UI of the D5 of your router and it seems D5 is difficult to bridge as it does not have a WAN port . Are you sure you can bridge it on a LAN port ?

Also post some logs when you try connecting it on PPPoE (It will be in Archer C6)

The Syrotech has 3 protocols as you said . You do not change these 2 protocols
1_TR069_R_VID_46---------This is used for configuring your ONT from BSNL end . So dont mess with this
3_VOICE_R_VID_1830--------------This is used for voice/landline . Putting this in bridge mode will make your landline useless

You only put 2_INTERNET_R_VID_136 to bridge mode .

Also take a backup of your ONT configuration file as it might come handy if something breaks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back