Need help connecting BSNL modem to belkin router

• Thread starter Thread starter poori21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 27,555
Hi Poori21, I have written a mail to Belkin support explaining the situation and ask their help. I will post their response as soon as I get it! essbebe: I have checked Belkin support site but it has no information regarding this issue. I think the connection type should definitely be PPPoE than Dynamic but aparently there is something more missing! -Ram

@Poori21
you have Ut300R2U modem and Belkin Wi-Fi router. Not working in Wireless mode.
@ Raditz
has a Belkin modem+wireless router BSNL set it up for him. working fine.
@Ramgopal
same as above F5D7230-4 No mention of modem used.
Belkin website/s do not give any solution.
@essbebe
Neither having belkin modem. nor User Manual. Useless.
@Belkin
approached by Ramgopal. Kindly post the solution when received for benefit of other forum members.

Resolution

This article assumes that you have a dynamic internet connection.

First make sure that you have a valid connection to the router and that you have a valid IP address.
(note: We recommend you use a computer that has a wired connection to the router. With a wired connection you should have a link light on the numbered port of the router to which your computer is connected. Second, you should have an IP address in the range 192.168.2.x. To check your IP address, click on Start, Run and type in command. Click OK. Now type in ipconfig and hit enter. Your IP address will be listed.)

[*] Unplug the power cable from the modem.
[*] Open a Web Browser
[*]In the address bar type http://192.168.2.1
[*]Click on Connection Type in the left hand column under Internet WAN heading
[*]Enter your password if any and click Submit
[*]Click on Dynamic and then click on Next
[*]Type in your Hostname if required.
[*] Click on Apply Changes
[*] Plug the power cable back into the cable modem.
[*]Click on the Home link at the top of the screen
[*]It should now show Connected under the Internet Status column
[/list]

Feedback

* Please make a selection below:
This solved my problem.
This was helpful.
This didn't help me solve my problem.
Additional Comments:

Documentation

[*]F5D7230-4 User Manual - English
[*]F5D7230-4 User Manual - English (Wireless Bridge Addendum)
[*]Ports needed for running DNS servers behind the Belkin router.
[/list] Software & Updates

[*]F5D7230-4 Firmware Update
[*]F5D7230-4 Eazy Install Wizard
[*]F5D7230-4 Eazy Install Wizard OS X
[/list] Troubleshooting

[*]Setting up MicroConnect ISP with the router
[*]Setting up ProLog ISP with the router
[*]Problems with Router and Toshiba PCX 1100 Cable Modem
[/list] Additional Resources

[*]F5D7230-4 GPL Downloads
[*]Setting up Comcast ISP with the router
[*]Setting up Cox ISP with the router
[/list] http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Here is the response from Belkin Support Team:
I am yet to try this out, I will post a reply based on my observations...

Belkin Response - Dec 31 2007 12:39

Hi Ramgopal,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

We understand that you have an issue with the Connection type.

We are sorry to let you know that, the Cable/DSL router doesnot support with the ADSL modem. However, you can change the router to an access point.

Firstly, make sure that ADSL modem support with the wireless bridge modem, ADSL modem is Ethernet modem and NAT feature should be enabled on the ADSL modem and then follow the below instruction:
Connect the ADSL modem to the LAN port 2 of the router and Hardwired to the LAN port 1 of the router to the computer and then please reset the Internet Explorer browser by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer browser page.
- Go to "General" tab.
- Click on "Delete Files" under "Temporary Internet Files" and click on "Clear History".
- Go to "Connections" tab.
- Check "Never Dial A Connection" and click on "LAN Settings".
- Uncheck "all" the options and click on "OK".
- Go to "Programs" tab and click on "Reset Web Settings".
- Go to "Advanced" tab and click on "Restore Defaults".
- Click on "Apply" and then "OK".

Step:3)Open a new Internet Explorer window and on the address bar please type in http://192.168.2.1 and click on go.
- You should be able to access the routers set up page.
- By default the password is blank.
- Click on LAN setting under Lan set up option
- Change the DHCP option to "off".
- Click on Apply changes.
- Click on System setting under "Utilities".
- Change the NAT to "ON".
- Click on Apply changes.

Ramgopal, if you need further assistance please feel free to write to us or call us on 08456077787.You can also contact us through our online chat support at: Belkin International, Inc. Networking Support

Regards,

Sarah Parkar
Belkin Technical Support

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Customer Call Details - Dec 27 2007 15:32

I am trying to connect the wireless router to my Brodband using a UT300R2U ADSL2 Modem but the wireless router does not get connected. I tried the following:

1. Used Install Wizard, follwed instructions and the wizrad failed in the last step when it was trying to connect the router to internet. It tried 10 attemps and failed.

2. Manually logged into the router (http://192.168.2.1) and checked the configuration, found that wizard configured the router to use PPPoE which is correct as I have the same settings on my laptop to connect to my broadband. Tried refining settings, cloning mac, changing IP (though my connection is not bound to mac or has standard IP),tweaking MTU setting later putting them back to 1454...etc, but the router does not connect.

3. Changed the connection type to Dynamic, the router's Admin page showed the status as Connected but I cannot access internet from my Laptop which is in routers private network already. Tried all other things described in Point#2 but the router shows connect and I cannot connect to net, I also noticed that modem only had the 'Ethernet' led active, the 'Internet' led was not glowing. I deduced that the router received external IP address from my service provider's DHCP server but it is not connected to the internet as it is unable to pass on username & password in the Dynamic connection type.

4. My routers firmware is 4.03.03 and Belkin site showed lots of firmware upgrades till 9.01.01. I downloaded all the updates and tried to install in the router, none of them were accepted and I kept getting the message that this was an incompatable firmware upgrade. I was hoping a firmware upgrade to fix the issue...not sure if I was right but this was my last choice.

With all the points above, can you guide me how to get my router configured to connect to my Broadband over PPPoE connection and if I am missing any other settings? Please write to me on my email id or call me on my number, do leave a message if I'm unavailable to take the call.

Thank you,
Ramgopal

@Raditz. Nice to hear that BSNL staff helped you, with a modem/router which they have not supplied.
Can you give some details about the Belkin Model number ? Is it ADSLModem+Wi-Fi router ?
Or you using a Desktop or laptop?

I have a Belkin ADSL modem with Wireless G-Router model F5D7632-4

In the setup connection choose PPoe

IP add 192.168.2.100
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.2.1
VPI / VLC 0/35

Hi,I have a Belkin Modem + router, which is connecting to the ADSL line but I am not able get the Internet Connection enabled... whatever I did I am not getting that Internet Connection status as Connected... what could be the problem? All the settings are as set up by the BSNL technician.Pls help

I got the connection set right by itself... All i had to do was restart the modem couple of times... But I guess this ADSL + router is sucking concept... it was better when both were separate

/members/abdulla-md/Now your Internet connection is working fine. Congrats. Better to take screen shots of the Belkin programmed pages . or save the settings in your harddisk .Mention the Belkin model number you are using.

I have a BSNL Dataone ADSL2 modem (UT300R2U), and a Belkin Wireless G Router (model F5D7234-4 v4). While I can connect to both the router and the modem if I use static ip on the router, I am not able to connect to the internet using pppoe. If I use pppoe on the router, the modem is not accessible. Any tips on settings? thanks in advance.

Back