Help Me Choose A Mobiel Phone And Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 190
  • Views Views 80,933
^^ aah... nice looking phone there...

yeah baby. till the time it gets more popular, i am keeping it. after that back to my old 2600. that was a rugged phone.

Originally posted by magnet@Feb 1 2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.univercell.in/home.asp

this is much better
[snapback]41087[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yea, but just dont buy at Univercell unless you plan an exchange or something... prices at Univercell shops are a bit inflated..

Originally posted by magnet@Feb 1 2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.univercell.in/home.asp

this is much better
[snapback]41087[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good find. Thanks!

Originally posted by SolidSnake@Feb 10 2006, 02:08 AM
Good find. Thanks!
[snapback]41724[/snapback]
[/quote]

That website doesnt give the info for all the phones in india. It is basically a shop and shows only the phones they sell.
indiagsm also has an advanced feature search and forums

i use a Sony ericsson k500i great fone but few drawbacks :no bluetooth but u know that b4 u buycant use a customized message alert tonejoystick tends to act up but you can solve this by locking the keypad and holding the joystick down and rotating it in a circle for a couple of mins

Hi all,I want to buy a cellphone for my grandparents pretty soon. The requirements are: Must Have:1. Simple to use. They are first time users and a complicated UI would turn them off.2. Extremely rugged. Will get dropped often and also likely to be splashed with curry :)3. Price sub 4k but willing to extend till 5k. Since likely to get lost as well :)4. Preferably a better known brand like Nokia/Samsung/Sony ericsson. This is so that service centres are abundant and easily accessible.5. The font size should be large enough to be easily readable. Not like my p910i which they could find hard to read without glasses. Optional:1. FM radio (Highly desirable as they are music lovers.)2. Color screen. (Desirable. If a cell doesn't have color, then it better score well on the Must haves list)I have absolutely no idea about phones in this price range and would greatly appreciate your suggestions. The list may seem too demanding, but they are special grandparents that deserve the best.Thanks a lot.

Back