Help Me Choose A Mobiel Phone And Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 190
  • Views Views 80,933
6030 has bad buttons even for calling. I would recommend going in for a SE J for 3999 or something... Color screen I guess, simple but no FM.

My personal phone is 6610 which i am using for last 2 years, I am still in love with it, just dont feel like changing it. But since its no more available (6610i is useless), i didnt recommend it as my first choice...!

they just have to add a FM radio to it. ;) and it becomes an awesome phone. it does look like a younger sibling of the Nokia 6021.

yeah, 2600 would probably be the phone that best suits the criteria... but IMHO the 6030 does have decent buttons... I think it depends from person to person.... I have a J300i and though most people hate the buttons on it, i just love them.... just suit my hand very well.... in fact the buttons were a big reason why I bought it!

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 14 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]51209[/snapback]
Motorola C168
[/b]
It seems good except for the fact that its a Motorola. I have a bad experience with Motorola. My motorola e365 had many problems. Their authorised service center ppl in Thane were not able to repair it and said they would need to send it to B'lore at my cost. And local repairshops refuse to touch it saying that the parts are not available :( What makes my experience even bitter was that my first e365 was stolen within 20 days (my fault) and I bought a new one which went kaput pretty soon. Thats 30k down the drain. So no motorola for me unless its free.

QUOTE(imranais @ May 14 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]51215[/snapback]
A phone which satisfies all your above mentioned needs:
Nokia 6030 @Rs 4300 (approximate)

My personal phone is 6610 which i am using for last 2 years, I am still in love with it, just dont feel like changing it.
[/b]
I liked the 6610 too but its not made any more :(

I saw indiagsm and also checked out a few local shops.
I had zeroed in on Nokia 6030, J230i, Samsung c230.
But now that you guys suggested 2600, will check that out too. A colleague has that.

As people here suggest, the buttons part is vastly personal. So I will try to take my grandparents along with me so that they can test out the buttons first hand. Whats good for me may not be for them.

Thanks for all the suggestions and for taking out the time.
This Forum really rocks. And to think of it. If my Sify net did not stink so much, I would not have found out this forum :)

The sound of J230i is very low, specially if u want to listen FM on speakerphone, compared to that, 6030 has very high volume!Donno much about c230 as none of my friends has it. Also 2600 is a basic color phone, i personally dont like it (but its only my view)...All the best to u and do let us know which one u finally purchased! :)

QUOTE(imranais @ May 15 2006, 12:48 AM) [snapback]51311[/snapback]
The sound of J230i is very low, specially if u want to listen FM on speakerphone, compared to that, 6030 has very high volume!

Donno much about c230 as none of my friends has it. Also 2600 is a basic color phone, i personally dont like it (but its only my view)...

All the best to u and do let us know which one u finally purchased! :)
[/b]

Good volume would be preferred. A shopkeeper today told me that 6030 has mono FM while j230 & Samsung c230 have Stereo FM.

Yes I would definitely let all of you know.

Back