Help Needed : Root Canal Treatment and Dental issues

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 14,036
Literally dying of pain since yesterday. couldn't sleep the whole night due to pain. Dying to go to dentist when it opens today.
The molar was troubling for months and i was trying to avoid to go to dentist in order to avoid root canal. still have the horrors when my first RCT was performed a few years ago. It hurted for many weeks warranting atleast 20 visits to different dentists.

I wonder if [member='dantool'] still frequents the forum.

I think the dentist will provide antibiotics until the infection and pain subsdizes enough to operate upon.
This was the mistake the other dentist made last time while performing RCT. he didn't waited for the infection to heal a bit and performed immediately which resulted in horrible horrible pain which other dentist later told should not have been operated upon when the infection is in peak.

I remember the time I got my tooth extracted. It was painful for an entire day. Ice Cream did not help even. :

Tooth extraction seemed a breeze to me compared to RCT.
Had removed wisdom tooth by cutting the gums as it was growing in a slanted angle disturbing the other tooth. even that procedure was relatively pain free

chromaniac said:
I remember the time I got my tooth extracted. It was painful for an entire day. Ice Cream did not help even. :
Jelly Beans would have helped, u think ?

Ah, RCT!
I had the RCT on one tooth back in 2011 and couple of fillings, was little painful but for only a week, just few month ago (october) i was eating gulab jamun :pig: and the metal(silver?) cap came out! - thank god i didn't swallow it. And since then i didn't bother to go to dentist even with a hole covered with cement..