Help required to configure Buffalo WBMR-G54 ADSL modem+router

• Thread starter Thread starter Mandypi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 9,470

Mandypi

ISP
MTNL
Hi,I need help to configure a Buffalo WBMR - G54 ADSL router on MTNL triband.I have a laptop as well as a desktop. Can I configure the router using the laptop, use a wireless usb on the desktop, and leave the router at a third place in the house? Or is it necessary to have the router connected to a machine? Thanks & regards Mandypi

@mandyp Welcome to Broadbandforum.in

the unit has to be connected to Tf line AFTER the splitter via RJ11 cable.
From ADSL port Take a RJ45 cable and connect to desktop Ethernet port. . and program the Buffalo 3 in 1.
They have to remain static in one place . ( if desktop also has a wireless PCI card inserted
rj45 cable can be removed from ethernet port after programming )
( Just as standby)Now your laptop you can check with the same Rj45 cable .
If your laptop has a wireless lan adapter card ( usually fitted in left side of laptop) and drivers loaded , you are mobile within a 20 to 30 meter radius. ( * subject to conditions !)
Hope you can set up your computer desktop and laptop settings.
Probably somebody having the same unit may help you out. later.
Others use their own expertise/knowledge to guide you.
Para two :
Kindly download the user manual in PDF format almost 45 pages.

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/getfile/?WBMR-G54+Manual.pdfBuffalo WBMR - G54 ADSL router

For my reference :
The New AirStation Wireless-G ADSL2+ Modem Router with Buffalo's AirStation One-Touch Secure System(tm) (AOSS(tm)) uses the latest high speed wireless LAN technology delivering 54Mbps wireless throughput. The AirStation incorporates a built-in 4-Port Router with fast 100Mbps throughput and a built in ADSL2+ modem.
* Built-in 802.11g WLAN up to 54Mbps Speed
* Simple Web Browser Configuration etc
AOSS™ – One Click. One Touch. Done.
1. Click on the AOSS icon in the Client Manager screen.
2. Press the AOSS button on the router.
Done! A secure wireless connection is automatically established between the router and the card
I don't have this modem , and this is the best I can do, in which I am familiar now.
Search in google "Buffalo WBMR - G54 ADSL router user manual "
COPY and Paste!.
Hope this helps.

Regarding Wireless USB please mention the model you have.

Thanks Essbebe. I already have the user manual, but it has too many options for a newbie. My laptop has a builtin wireless, but will connect with cable and go thru the manual. If successful, then I shall post details for others. Regards, M

Back