help required to configure teracom adsl2+ for wi-fi

• Thread starter Thread starter pra_dixit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 58,019
thanks for your valuable feedbacks.. did you change any adsl attributes like basic and BisA Attributes

I won't recommend you to edit the ADSL port settings because this has no role in the connection speed. It is mostly for connection stability. And more over they are programmed according to the BSNL line. So it could even turn out to be a blunder for you.

Once I edited the AnnexA Attributes & that too just "AnnexAEcFdmMode". I set it to "EC". It was the time when BSNL only supported G.dmt and it was for that modulation. Still if you understand the risks and want to edit the ADSL port. I would recommend you to change " BisAEcFdmMode" in BisA Attributes. Play around with it and you would be lucky if everything turns out well, else just restart the router.

Deepanshu

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

A good news for all of them who have Night Unlimited Plans and use Teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI Router.

I have compiled the router restart module for this router with default username and password.(username: "admin", password: "admin").

Just schedule this program in Schedules tasks to run at 2:00 am and 7:55 am.
Your router will automatically restart at these times and thus your connection will be reset.

Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu

Please configure your Firewall to allow this program for execution and add it to firewall exceptions or create a firewall rule.

Deepanshu:cool2:

Mate can u check if the modem's model is T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI.
U would be lucky if it is so, i can send u whole of the configuration file 4 it as well.
And do tell me the price for which u got it!:urock:

Hi Deepanshu,

It would be a great help if you could send me the config file for T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI. My desktop is working without issues using a bridged broadband connection. wireless network gets detected on laptop, but not getting connected even after providing the correct password. My PPPoE Connection has been deleted by the bsnl technician using the web config interface and he created a bridged connection without NAT.
[email protected]

Cheers

wait.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Teracom :: ADSL Modem
http://www.teracom.in/htmls/type1.rar
http://www.teracom.in/htmls/type2.rar
http://www.teracom.in/htmls/manual.rar

mailto:[email protected]
http://www.teracom.in/htmls/opinion/submit.
This modem/wifi is almost same as siemens C2110 ( ( No wifi)
Check BSNL link for instructions to set up "Always On" PPPoE mode.
Download Manual from Teracom web site.
wait.
C2110 (Type-A) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

Hi how do I make use of the VOIP facility for Teracom Model No. T2-B-Gawv1.4U10y-bi???

Presume you have a BSNL BB connection.
Basically your modem should be "Always On"
Enable DHCP.
After ensuring connection to Internet
remove RJ45 from computer end and connect to the unit
supplied by your VOIP provider. ( mention provider Vonage etc )
Mostly automatic connection.
Lift the VOIP Phone . check any error message.
feedback.

Hi r there any free services available in India, wit which I can use my BSNL BB VOIP facility to call any phone within or outside India??

Hi all,
I want to access my wabpages from outside internet. For that i have installed web server sw.
But while accessing it showing me the router configuration page. I have dynamic ip. I tried to foreward the port but not successful. Can anybody tell me the detail procedure to overcome the problem. And another problem is that previously while i was typing 192.168.1.1 the router page was opening. But now it is not opening.

Hey Guys, Some times, I'm facing a peculiar problem with the BSNL Teracom modem.

The connection to internet will be lost and will not be able to connect back untill and unless I reboot the router.
I run a website and if i'm outside my home or out of town, and if the above situation occurs, the site will not be available untill some one reboots the router.
(And in fact, I cannot do it remotely if my router is non responsive)

I had this need to develop a service which will do this job to me.
I always have a machine running, so that the service will check and restart the router as necessary.

Now I have developed this windows service, which can be used for 2 options.

1. Check for active internet connection at given Ping Interval. Check to the internet is done by pinging an external IP address (say BSNL DNS, Google IP address etc).
If unable to ping, it is considered that internet connection is not available. Now the service will wait for 3 retries to ping again to the external IP, but now with a lesser interval of time. Even after this 3 retries if the internet connection is not available, it will reboot my modem/router.

2. I've also added an option to reboot the router at specific interval of time. Irrespective of internet connection availablity, it will reboot the router.
Since many people in this forum (people who have night unlimited download between 2:00AM to 8:00AM) were looking for a software/tool to restart the modem automatically at specified time (02:05AM and 07:55AM), I've added this option to my service.

Once you install the service to the default directory, you have to configure the settings for the first time (And later it can also be changed on the fly even if the service is running).

Open the application configuration file - NetChecker.exe.config in "C:\Program Files\Kestrel\Net Checker\" directory

Edit the file to match your modem settings (Replace the text between " " in the value field with your details)

To restart the modem automatically at specified time, enter the time in 24 hour format in the RebootRouterTime1 value field.
You can use RebootRouterTime2 and RebootRouterTime3 to reboot the router at other two different times (if required). If you dont need rebooting the router, keep all the three values RebootRouterTime1, RebootRouterTime2, RebootRouterTime3 to "".

Now go to Start - Run - Type services.msc in the text field and press enter.
Scroll down to the middle and you will find a service by name Net Checker (just above Net Logon service).
Right click the service and click Start. And you are good to go..

Please email me if you need the tool.

The service will keep an eye on the internet connection, and also restart the router at the time you specified.

The type of modem I used is Teracom - T2-B-Gawvi.4U10Y-BI This service will also work for other types of modem, if the modem supports telnet administration.
If you are using a modem other than the one specifed above, you have to identify the command to reboot your router once by doing a telnet session and put the command in the config file instead of the system restart command, which I have put in the config for the Teracom modem.

If you have any doubts or questions on this, please feel free to contact me via email - [email protected]

Thanks all. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Vinay

Back