help required to configure teracom adsl2+ for wi-fi

• Thread starter Thread starter pra_dixit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 58,019
hey brother....theres just one change to make that dsl stable...last night onwards bsnl has stopped support for G.dmt adsl modulation and is only supporting ADSL2 so just flash the router with that configuration file and afterwards follow these steps..

Its the best Router if you configure it correctly and worst if u can't.

Deepanshu
And for 1600 its the best you have got. It beats Netgear, Buffalo and others clearly!
You will enjoy its speed and it supports VoIP and IPTV as well.
You have scored boy!

Hurray it worked.......................Thank you Deepanshu...............thank u very much................Can U tell me is there any way to make it secured ???

Mate can u check if the modem's model is T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI.
U would be lucky if it is so, i can send u whole of the configuration file 4 it as well.
And do tell me the price for which u got it!:urock:

plz tel me how to set up wifi connection....
i'm using teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI modem.......
my os is xp.....
plz help me out here......

plz tel me how to set up wifi connection....
i'm using teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI modem.......
my os is xp.....
plz help me out here......

The above steps are quite explanatory.
But if you can't setup this way i guess you need basic knowledge of WiFi setup and operation.
Try googling about "WiFi in XP, How to connect to secured/encrypted wireless network, etc" then get back to this forum you will get my instructions.
Else get your tech guy to fix this for you as BSNL is of no help with this.

i resetted the same modem.. after resetting i cant connect to internet.. the dsl keep on blinking.. i give the correct password and username in ppoe configuration.. nothing working.. please help me...

i resetted the same modem.. after resetting i cant connect to internet.. the dsl keep on blinking.. i give the correct password and username in ppoe configuration.. nothing working.. please help me...

FIRST TRY THESE SETTINGS, IF THIS DOESN'T WORK THEN FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS:

If the DSL light doesn't become stable then check the cable that connects your router to your splitter. Check all the connections and most importantly the splitter.
Make sure the wire that goes to the router must be connected to the modem jack in the splitter else it won't work.
Also check at the back of the router there are 2 jacks for connecting the Phone wire. One is for VoIP and other for DSL. Make sure the wire is plugged into the DSL jack. It also could be the reason for DSL light to blink continously.:iplay:

thanks a lot bro.. it worked.. realy thankful to you..

is this results ok??

i want to knw which DNS server is d best..

and my line speed is low.. do i need to configure smethng else to increase speed?

realtime values

Internet Connection DSL Status Connected Last Failed 0x00000063 Downstream Data Rate 1409 kbps Upstream Data Rate 509 kbps Max Att Downstream Rate 1420 kbps Max Att Upstream Rate 901 kbps SNR (Downstream) 6.35 dB SNR (Upstream) 16.5 dB Line Attentuation(Downstream) 66.5 dB Line Attentuation(Upstream) 35.5 dB Connected Standard ADSL2+

thanks a lot bro.. it worked.. realy thankful to you..

is this results ok??

i want to knw which DNS server is d best..

and my line speed is low.. do i need to configure smethng else to increase speed?

realtime values

Internet Connection DSL Status Connected Last Failed 0x00000063 Downstream Data Rate 1409 kbps Upstream Data Rate 509 kbps Max Att Downstream Rate 1420 kbps Max Att Upstream Rate 901 kbps SNR (Downstream) 6.35 dB SNR (Upstream) 16.5 dB Line Attentuation(Downstream) 66.5 dB Line Attentuation(Upstream) 35.5 dB Connected Standard ADSL2+

By the data you posted it looks lite theline attenuation(The disturbannce by other frequencies due to long distance communication) is very high and also your Downtream and Upstream Data rate is quite low. It may be because you have an limited(256 Kbps or less) Unlimited plan. Or just because BSNL doesn't support high speed connection there. Check with BSNL. And more importantly get the telephone wiring for your connection redone for scratch. Hopefully this wouldWork.

Deepanshu

Look at my stats:
http://tinyurl.com/yye8k92

http://tinyurl.com/y6owpkb

Back