Help Upgrading PC

partha_simple

gonna rock this place....
ISP
DataOne H500(2.5 GB)
hey guys.....i actually wntd 2 upgrade my system.actually its like almost building a new 1.coz the system i am running is lyk 3 yrs old.so guys i need ur advice.ryt now m workng on a 1.66 Ghz p4 processor,1 gb ddr ram,64 mb onboard graphics,250+40 GB HDD and a DVD writer and 5.1 speakers.long tym back....somehow..i guess in a lightening prob,i had damaged my mobo,so da onboard lan and usb are not workng.price is not a concern as long as it stays under Rs.30 K.and for use....i m gonna use it for the next 6-8 months for casually serious gaming lyk COD4,Crysis and all and after that its gonna be used by ma parents basically for internet browsing and using office applications.and i know this system is not gonna be upgraded for the next 4 years.so its lyk some 5 yr plan.So i was thnkng abt getting a Core2Duo E8500(3.2Ghz) processor with a descent motherboard and abt 512 MB of DDR3 graphics and 4GB of DDR2 RAM.Also i need a power supply and a new cabinet.i m going to stick with my old HDD and rely on the onboard sound card.also i was wondering abt an upgrade to a newer LCD widescreen monitor as m still with a CRT,bt dats not all dat imp.dat can come later.so is it good enough or somehow overthe top ??? or should i make some changes......i mean i dont xactly mean to spend all of the 30 grands if i can get a sumthng descent 2 do my job for less.plz suggest some good motherboards.

think about 4GB RAM only if you are planning to run a 64 bit OS. otherwise 2GB is just fine. make sure you buy a good quality power supply with enough capacity for the processor and the graphic card. a cheap SMPS can make running a desktop painful.

and make sure your new CPU supports spellcheck so some of us don't have to suffer reading crap like "lyk", "tym", "da", "abt", "plz" and all that jazz :dance:

oh my CPU has a pretty usable spell checker. :D so that's cool :P

If u wanna play Crysis in Full graphics MIND IT THAT U HAVE TO BUY THE PROPER GRAPHICS CARD.To play crysis in DirectX10 with a 19 inch lcd monitor means abt 1440*900 resolution or in a flat crt at 1024*768 resolution minimum 8800 gtx(YA GTX,NOT GTS NOT SIMPLE 8800) IS NEEDED.I prefer for 9600GT of Nvidia with XFX Cheapset,means XFX Nvidia 9600 gt 512 mb ddr3 memory.Need to buy at least 2 gb ram,with vip or iball cooler master 550 w smps,and Asus m2n mx se plus(minimum to run the graphics card in full power).And also go for a a good cabinet with good cooling system.with amd duron 5200 processor and segate baracuda 7200 250gb hard disk,LG 20x securedisk dvd writer,it will cost under at the max 30 thousand.HAPPY GAMING,AND IF U DONT MIND,AFTER BUYING UR PC,PLZ UPDATE A THREAD WITH UR CONFIGURATION.:happy::thumb:

4 sum reason I've found XFX 2 hav rip-off pricing... if u r getting a 19 inch LCD den an 8800GT shud b fyn. note dat u shud prefer 2 run XP rather than Vista since it drops gaming performance...so a 3ghz core 2 duo wid 4gb ram shud b gud 4 next 3 yrs.also ditch ur current HDD/DVD and get a big (min 500gb) SATA HDD and DVD writer :) i bet u will regret later the lack of space so 500 is bare minimumok thx bai

again. 4GB RAM only if he is going to run 64Bit Windows XP. otherwise the extra RAM is useless.not sure if the games are compatible with the 64bit editions of Windows.

Amd Phenom 2.2 GHz - Rs.6775
Gigabyte AMD 740G (Builtin sound card) - Rs.3150
Two Transcend 2GB RAM (800 MHz) - Rs.2400
Seagate 500GB Hard disk - Rs.2975
Zebronics Cabinet with SMPS(460 W) - Rs.2600 (available from Rs.450)
Acer 19" Monitor - Rs.6950

Total - Rs.24850
Good Graphics Cards are available for less than Rs.5000

Go for AMD don't buy Intel. The AMD Phenom is the true Quad core processor whereas Intel core2Quad is just two core2Duo processor.The true quad core processor from Intel is i7 which is very very costly when compared to AMD Phenom but similar in performance.

If you are from chennai then for more details about the price check: www.deltapage.com

Back