Help Upgrading PC

i am yet to find a dealer around here who is happy dealing with amd in india. amd is said to have a crappy service support for warranty related issues.

that's true..intel cleverly hides the fact that they are not true quad core processors..

Off-Topic: Sorry for this, but didn't want to waste a thread for it.

I need an external HDD for my media. It wont be transported a lot, but will be interchanged laptop to PC. Size required is 500GB or higher. Please recommend models and mention their prices.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 - 5.8kGigabyte GA-G31M-S2L - 2.4kTranscend 2x2gb 800 mhz RAM - 2.3kSeagate 250gb Sata II - 2.1kPalit 9600gt 512mb ddr3 - 6kDell SE198WFP 19" LCD - 9kCooler master elite 334 + cooler master 460W Combo - 3.7kSamsung SH-S223F - 1.05kCreative 2.1 channel speakers - 1.8kKeyboard+mouse - 0.6kTotal - 33kif you need to cut down then get only 2gb RAM for 1.15k less or go for Intel Dual Core E2200 for 3.6k

think about 4GB RAM only if you are planning to run a 64 bit OS.

otherwise 2GB is just fine.

make sure you buy a good quality power supply with enough capacity for the processor and the graphic card.

a cheap SMPS can make running a desktop painful.

Just wondering how a a cheap SMPS matters :huh: as it only supllies power

and power is the only raw material your PC requires. right?a cheap SMPS can lead to hardware damage. it would not support the high end components which draw more electricity. try connecting a powerful processor with 3 hard disks along with a new generation graphic card to a 500 rupee smps... you would know what i am talking about here.

Back