Help with do no call service.how to get rs500

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,527
W

warthog

I have subscribed with the dnc service,sadly it is a joke in india.I got some messages and a call from telemarketers.I complained to them and asked that who pays the fine to whom? and the CC said that the customer gets the fine,thats rs500 for every call\sms.SO he gave me the reg no and said that within 15 days we would call you.I was supposed to receive the call on 26 and no one called.SO i contacted the CC who didn't know the specifics.He handed me over to his superior who didn't know that the first call\sms warrants fine.I asked him when will i be paid and he started taking his responsibility off to the telemarketers.he said that we have sent a letter to the telemarketer and within 21 days of the complaint the telemarketer would call me and pay me.Is this right procedure for the payment of fine?.I also asked him that do other customers get the fine and he said yes.tell me what should i do?:madness:

How do I know that I am in DND registry? I registered long time back with DND on MTNL mobile, but I still get SMSes from MTNL only

as per TRAI, customer doesnt get 500Rs. But operator will get the fine money.

as per TRAI, customer doesnt get 500Rs. But operator will get the fine money.

where it is given?.The CC guys told me that the customer gets the money.

Read point number 28, here (Google PDF to HTML)
TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY,

Actual document is here:
http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/docs/Regulation5june07.pdf

Some views have been expressed that a tariff recovered by the service provider should be passed on to the affected subscriber. However, it is clarified that TRAI has neither any power to impose penalty nor power to adjudicate the complaints. Therefore, it has decided to follow the route of levying higher tariff on those telemarketer who violates the do not call list. The higher tariff charged by the service provider will be counted in the Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR) of the service providers for the purpose of license fee and spectrum charges.

In short service provider will charge telemarketer and will be counted in AGR. i.e. in no case it will come to person making complaint.

noooo but but the CC told me that th customer gets the fine.maybe vodfafone policies are diff from other telcos.

how reliable is CC? i think CC doesnt know the rules

yes the CC guys are noobs, know nothin. read it some time back that the call will charged at something like Rs 500 or so!

Hey .. yo get nothing.. Only CC gets money if they get paid by the telemarketers..But one thing.. For the telemarketing guys who is giving our numbers... does not our operators???? (Think the trick here...)I dont think this DND will workout here....

I dont think this DND will workout here....

At the way its been handled till now, sadly DND will never work out....but lets hope for better times

If i was paid Rs500 for every telemarketing call I got..........I'D BE A MILLIONAIRE(US$ MILLIONAIRE not INR) :yahoo:

Back