Help with my first android

• Thread starter Thread starter dragon5677
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2,416
Most oem manufacturers have officially unlocked their bootloader. So rooting can't be problem for warranty claims, and physical damages frm carelessness would void warranty. Apart from all the software issues are user fixable if you have time & google. So warranty is simply BC for andriod ...

Okay......manu1991,What is S-OFF?amish,Could you elaborate on the service issue?I have 3 Sony devices, a PSP(2008), PS3(2010) and a 2007 Bravia. None of them have quality issues.

First, I am talking abt Sony mobile which was earlier sony ericsson. 3 devices you said are just SONY.ever since sony ericsson was bought by sony and renamed to sony mobile. their service center has become worse.you have to keep waiting for parts to arrive. in my case it took a month. there are many people complaining online abt same thing from last 6 months.some people have not got parts repaired even after 4-5 months.inshort, wait for them to resolve their internal issue with repair centers and then go for sony mobile

Hmm. There is an ebay listing for 21k for the one s. Custom rom support looks good, other factors could be deal breakers though.

Okay, I was lurking around in XDA and it seems the device has great unofficial ROM support for eg: there is Free Xperia Team for porting cyanogen modes and similiary for AOKP, overall it seems quite awesome, plus there is DoomKernel available too :)

I use a Xperia P and its a wonderful phone, great cam, fast, no sluggishness even with ICS. Awesome looks and fits perfectly in the hand. If you can keep a charger handy with you always, its an ideal phone. Battery life sucks.Motorola is shutting down offices, but not its service network. And anyways, their service has always been in the hands of third party operators. Remington does it and a couple more networks I guess. So that should not be an issue.In July, Atrix 2 was selling for 23K and today its retailing for 17 thanks to this misconception that everyone has. I like Defy XT too. 13K on Flipkart. Of course it wont get ICS/JB, but for a starter, its a good phone.

Remington?!?!? The rifle guys?!? lol just kidding...Mostly gonna be the Xperia S, There is a lot of support for it.Unless someone convinces me to get a Galaxy Nexus..... :P

Back