Help with TP-Link XZ000-G7 Gigabit XPON Terminal Configuration for BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter RajaTamil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1,919
Random Chinese cheap ONTs with BS software get TEC certification because babus at BSNL see the Make in India lion on the box
A standard brand like TP-Link doesnt get certification. They just exist and work.

@proton8454 where do we get them?

@abhishek.t You haven't experienced any signal loss while using the hybrid patch cord with the SC coupler, right?

yeah I know but this stupid obsession with TEC certification and other BS. Jio makes its own router, Airtel gets from good companies and yet BSNL cant get a decent ONT and make it the standard? What is this obsession with the cheap chinese crap ONTs? And they wanna roll out 'TR069' on these broken devices. that is pure BS. Thinking is like a pvt company, actions are just jugaad only

The ones Jio and Airtel use are also TEC certified and they just slap their branding on the devices. If you check out Jio and Airtel threads people have replaced the provided devices with their own.

I too have replaced my ONT previously but what I didn't like about the other ONT was its boot time. So I went back to the provided one and instead bridged it and delegated routing and switching to individual devices.

I have enabled IPv6 on my AX3000 router, and I am receiving IPv6 address. However, when I test it on Test your IPv6. website, it shows as "not detected." Could this be due to misconfiguration in my router or an issue with my LCO's OLT configuration?

Router config, IPv6 test result, Router system log:

Source

Last edited:
@abhishek.t I have tried that, it's not working.

In the "Test your IPv6.", they mentioned below details.

If you strongly believe you have IPv6, but we were unable to detect it: it means one of a couple of things. Either your organization is blocking the use of IPv6 to talk to the outside Internet through network policy; or perhaps what you see with IPv6 on your host is not a global address. Any address starting with "::", "fc", "fd", or "fe" are unable to work with the public IPv6 Internet.

While using DHCPv6, I got an IPv6 address that starts with FE80.

Test result for "Non address" option:

Source

Back