High ping to Europe

• Thread starter Thread starter Meowmath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 31,914
I am fed up of this issue. I m using Jio hotspot for Office work, all my virtual desktop are London hosted.. Easily can make out its Airtel issue...
In airtel connection freezes for 4-5 second then reconnect.. but nothing as such in Jio

Is it fixed for anyone yet? It's been months. Does anyone have any info on when this might get rectified?

This will never get fixed it seems like
Yeah, I am using alliance too and fed up with them. Just found out that Jio and Airtel takes around 55ms to SGP while Alliance with TATA takes around 71ms to SGP and sometimes even goes to 81ms. So basically TATA is shit now

This will never get fixed it seems like
Yes, as users in India are not particularly concerned with latency related matters. Even here, which is a broadband focused community, mostly all are involved in ipv6 discussions rather than poor latency issue which is here for nearly a year now! Routing is the most important aspect of any broadband service but if consumers don't care why companies would bother.

Yeah, I am using alliance too and fed up with them. Just found out that Jio and Airtel takes around 55ms to SGP while Alliance with TATA takes around 71ms to SGP and sometimes even goes to 81ms. So basically TATA is shit now
Yeah bro, I have hathway in my area and siti and I'm pretty sure they all use tata. I applied to Jio, They don't service my area yet. Don't have airtel also. :( Other than ping, speed and reliability is pretty good with alliance. In the last one year my line only went down like 5 times for 12 hours total.

My ping to EU is over 300ms. On apex server selection it shows 180-190 ms but ingame its over 300ms. I have recently taken airtel and never thought the ping would be so high. I have another connection with Wishent ISP and the ping is 145-160 ms on EU.

Other than ping, speed and reliability is pretty good with alliance. In the last one year my line only went down like 5 times for 12 hours total.
I agree with you in this regard. I also fortunately have a good LCO and don't face any downtime and speeds are always as promised. But the problem lies with Alliance using primarily Tata as their upstream. So when Tata faces a problem, all users have to suffer. They buy bandwidth from Airtel too but do not use it on their home customers.

Back