High ping to Europe

• Thread starter Thread starter Meowmath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 31,916
@MadAxe 49.36.206.xx

Could this issue be the cause for me getting slow speeds on i.redd.it and imgur.com? Have been experiencing very slow performance on these two domains for the past couple of days.

Could this issue be the cause for me getting slow speeds on i.redd.it and imgur.com? Have been experiencing very slow performance on these two domains for the past couple of days.
@FujiwaraTofu I am also experiencing the same from past couple of days and have tried changing the dns to Google dns and Cloudfare Dns but the problem still persists. Wondering if this is widespread or only select users are facing this ?

Folks Airtel and some other ISP'S that use TATA's backbone infrastructure are facing latency issues to EU because of multiple submarine cable's being damaged that connect India to Middle East and Europe(mainly the Sea ME-WE-4 cable) , the fix usually takes couple weeks depending on work permits, weather conditions in the sea and availability of the specialized ship's that are used to fix those damaged submarine cables. For now most of the data is being routed via US to EU though alternate routes that are congested causing PL and high latency as acknowledged by Airtel itself.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming the issue I am aware about the submarine cable cut, I thought the issue would be fixed by now. Lets wait and see when they fix the issue.

Back