Horrible Battery Backup on Galaxy Note GT-N7000

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 132
  • Views Views 10,450
^^ the line under mobile network goes from green to brown.

try this: [APP][2.1+][26 Dec. - V1.12RC1] BetterBatteryStats - xda-developers

and post a log in that thread, someone would take a look and tell you what is causing the battery drain on your phone.

Use CPU Spy to see if your phone is going into deep sleep mode when it's idle. If it is not going into deep sleep mode, try restarting it. No deep sleep = poor battery life.

I was able to get over 5 hours of on screen time a few days ago by lowering my brightness using Screen Filter & switching off data.

have u got a solution or bought new battery ?my note is 1 year old and battery is showing some different colors for past 15 days

If the Device is rooted I've would give battery calibration a try, this would certainly improve the performance.

Advanced users who have root access can full charge their phone to max possible capacity, which means charge to 100%, then unplug charger and re-connect it and
better if you wait for 20-30 minutes with charger connected, and then navigate to "/Data/System/" and delete the file "batterystats.bin"

Once done, let the phone drain the whole battery, till it turns off, Then again full charge it without a break.
A couple of such cycle's should certainly help gaining more time from your battery if cells are not out of life.

Honestly? I don't have the patience to do that! Seriously! But, I actually did delete the bin file after rooting the phone. Didn't make any difference. Got the new battery using it right now and yeah! There is just one difference between the two and it's that ke there is a slight improvement in the backup, that's it.

Honestly? I don't have the patience to do that! Seriously! But, I actually did delete the bin file after rooting the phone. Didn't make any difference.

Got the new battery using it right now and yeah! There is just one difference between the two and it's that ke there is a slight improvement in the backup, that's it.

if you deleted the file when the phone battery was 100% then its ok, but if you deleted it before reaching max capacity then your problem started since then as profile would consider battery to be full at the level you deleted the file.
if you want you can full charge and then use any battery calibration app from play store to delete the battery stats file, thats easy and requires less patience. :eagerness:

Battery calibration by deleting the battery stats file is useless. It was already posted by a google engineer that it does absolutely nothing to improve your battery life.

Back