How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,134
Thankfully I am getting a steady 50 Mbps uplink/downlink. Thinking to get it upgraded to 100 Mbps.

So ran multiple tests on ACT 300 mbps unlimited (my friend did create a ticket and it seems to be fine ever after)

Spectra gigabit to ACT 300mbps he got above 280mbps download speed consistently

BLR DigitalOcean gets full speed
Singapore digital ocean gets proper download but <20mbps upload
and rest of the servers download and upload both <20 mbps

So tried Linode speedtests
here's all the results from it

Source

and speedtest results from ACT bangalore to

Act bangalore
1584725628185.png

Airtel Bangalore
1584725654891.png

Spectra Bangalore
1584725675126.png

Fast.com
1584725784521.webp

tested pings to multiple countries but there doesn't seem to be any major differences than before its still the best routing i've seen in all ISP

So ran multiple tests on ACT 300 mbps unlimited (my friend did create a ticket and it seems to be fine ever after)

Spectra gigabit to ACT 300mbps he got above 280mbps download speed consistently

BLR DigitalOcean gets full speed
Singapore digital ocean gets proper download but <20mbps upload
and rest of the servers download and upload both <20 mbps

So tried Linode speedtests
here's all the results from it

Source

and speedtest results from ACT bangalore to

Act bangalore
View attachment 572

Airtel Bangalore
View attachment 573

Spectra Bangalore
View attachment 574

Fast.com
View attachment 575

tested pings to multiple countries but there doesn't seem to be any major differences than before its still the best routing i've seen in all ISP

I guess I'll go for ACT Fibernet when I'm in Bangalore. What about Airtel FTTH though? They do have unlimited plan as an addon after all and cheaper than ACT Fibernet.

Don't have any friends who have airtel to test it i myself wanted to get it but their fiber wasnt available yet here

Here everyone blaming BSNL and other isp. Only airtel is strong at this time i think. But, in kolkata small isp are out of order. Not only bandwidth problem but also local gateway ping spike and requested time out. I talked my friend who are working in NOC, he said, local hub equipment are messed, can't prepare to handle this kind of load, also local operator olt (chinese cheap manufacturar).

Back