How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,117
My ISP has provisioned extra transit it seems, pings are stable during peak hours and even speeds are fine.
5861608065.webp5861622288.webp5861633580.webp5861649750.webp5861657034.webp

Last edited:
what do you use sir? @anubhav11
I did used airtel vdsl when i was studying in Chandigarh and the service was great. Now I'm using 2 Isp's at home both of them use airtel as their primary transit.

i did some tracert yesterday also... what i found is that.. after 1-2 am all the pings on tracerts are normal... but ping gets bad from like 11 am to whole night... to 1-2 am..

so basically.... it feels like congestion

that 172.xxx.xxx.xxx sounds like chocked... but that is the last hop of jio..... how it can be local?

but that same ip hop ping will be okay... in the mid night like after 1-2 am.

View attachment 593
Looks like some sort of bottleneck which they are not willing to fix

is this like they cannot do it or is it something out of their scope/hands or is it like as you are saying?

because they didn't check this tracert.... i did it myself... they don't even know what it is... and they didn't value it...

for them fiber power (which they check via a small meter) and speedtest matters...

speedtest was shit.. power was 25 something..

@arjunarora4212 Fiber power usually doesn't matter connection works upto -28 dBm.
If it's above -28 dBm you will have connection drops but usually speeds won't be affected.
These are unusual circumstances for which smaller ISPs couldn't even prepare for. Even bigger isps in US and Europe are struggling alot.
Only thing we can do is to tide through these tough times.

ok.... i will re submit my new connection request to airtel...

but this forum has so many members... why only i am suffering (on jiofiber)

jiofiber works on company owned or lco type of stuff?

if the servers are over-loaded.... if it's company owned.. they can do something about it right?

if lco owned...then i know my answer...

secondly... i asked enginner... how many connection you have in our area?

he said not even 100... so basically... jiofiber can't even handle 100 users? what happens when they sell many connection?

even without covid-19 this network will chock? (atleast i get this sense and thought). what do u say?

is he form delhi too...??

i was in a gaming group... there hathway guys said they are facing same issue...

is hathway using the servers of jio?

let's say.. if one area has both jio and hathway.. hathway and jiofiber both users get internet from same isp server or in between hop servers?

Back