How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,106
@iamaap
You'll have to SSH into DigitalOcean droplet, I think you can do this from the console.
Once you in the Linux shell, you'll have to get root access. For this you'll need to do
sudo su

you'll have to type copy paste two commands on the github page

Code:
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/angristan/wireguard-install/master/wireguard-install.sh
chmod +x wireguard-install.sh

Then you'll execute the script:
./wireguard-install.sh

It'll ask for IPv4 or IPv6 public address, here you can enter your IPv4 address listed on your DigitalOcean Console webpage usually IPv4 of DO begins with 139.x.x.x .

Rest you can keep hitting entering until you get the QR Code.
You can scan the QR Code to get config you need to use for clients.

Okay, I will ask some guy who has knowledge of this thing. Also, I have a local cable internet (50 Mbps). I usually get 2-3 Mbps, hence I was trying to set this up. Further, can I host this on Linode Mumbai. and how can I test my local internets speed to Linode or DigitalOcean server? any help

Interesting. Their speed test servers are also on that 139 series. I'll launch a VM and give it a go.

🤪

Well, htop showed 4 cores all red when I do a speed test. Yep, appears to be multi threaded.

@abbyck Launched a new DO VM and got 167.71.x.x. Speeds are good as of now (well capped at 20 mbps), will check tomorrow during peak hours to see how it goes.

Latency over IPv6 is like 3x that of IPv4 which is kind of odd. 🤷‍♂️ Also, speeds over IPv6 tunnel isn't good.

Last edited:
Although the ping seems fine, both download and upload speeds seem to be capped b/w 20-25Mbps for me, in Varanasi, UP on the BSNL FTTH 50Mbps 777plan

Back