How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,110
Speedtests are fun to look at, it helps us understand how much each ISP is struggling and how they are coping with high usage. My LCO made a status post telling users to stop doing speedtests over and over as it chokes an already choked network further so now I'm only measuring pings.

HAHAH! See? :LOL: Dont do speedtests unnecessarily. No kidding bro...it will affect the network when 1000s do this just for giggles.

I was happy that my connection was working at full 150mbps speed and was not capped or traffic shaped but now I'm stuck with PPPoE Authentication error since 10 am.
No internet for now, stuck with Airtel 4G.
Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Update: Fixed after almost a 3 hour downtime.
Speed and latency are normal. Got informed that it was some sort of unplanned maintenance and they seem to have add additional transit capacity.

Uhh it was just a joke in reference to the recent posts about speed-test choking the network 😅

WTF is with all these speedtests..and what are we trying to prove here? ISPs tottering? Yeah! Latencies, jitter and ping times increased? Yep! Speeds slow? Of course, it's expected! ISPs cutting bandwidth and shaping traffic to equalize and ensure each consumer gets decent speeds? YEAH!!

We are all drinking water from the same well guys or to use another analogy driving on the same road in rush hour traffic. Learn to put up with it and stop whining. SMH!!!
For some reason some of us here including me are addicted to speed test results. It's not whining per se.

My Bharat Fiber is down for a few hours now. My ONU router is able to authenticate and get an IP assigned, but that's about it.

one speedtest because LCO said to check. WISHNET in KOLKATA maintain proper speed as per plan. Siti alliance bb reduce speed.

1585046877601.webp

Back