How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,111
Airtel 300 Mbps plan

Screenshot (38).png

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (44).png

Screenshot (46).png

I'd understand the speed capping to try and avoid the congestion, but zero communication around it from BSNL is not something I'd appreciate. They could have sent an SMS notification or email as to why and for how long etc. 🤷‍♂️

Yup, that's a bit annoying. They could have at least emailed us or even a notification in self-care would have been good.
But it still runz. KV is singing it's death rattle here in Kannur.

......but zero communication around it from BSNL is not something I'd appreciate. They could have sent an SMS notification or email as to why and for how long etc.

They weren't communicative even in the best of times. After VRS, do they have enough people left to maintain their networks leave alone communicate with customers? :D :D

I can never forget the time in Dec '19 when our landline and several 1000 others in my residential area went on the blink for nearly 2 weeks when BSNL Pune didn't clear their power bills. They ran the exchanges on diesel gensets temporarily. Similar reports came in from other areas of Pune. Subsequent to this I have zero faith in this Govt. company and have chosen to retain my Airtel landline/VDSL connection.

alliance broadband decreased download speed in half from today. :-(

WTF is with all these speedtests..and what are we trying to prove here? ISPs tottering? Yeah! Latencies, jitter and ping times increased? Yep! Speeds slow? Of course, it's expected! ISPs cutting bandwidth and shaping traffic to equalize and ensure each consumer gets decent speeds? YEAH!!

We are all drinking water from the same well guys or to use another analogy driving on the same road in rush hour traffic. Learn to put up with it and stop whining. SMH!!!

Last edited:
Speedtests are fun to look at, it helps us understand how much each ISP is struggling and how they are coping with high usage.

My LCO made a status post telling users to stop doing speedtests over and over as it chokes an already choked network further :P so now I'm only measuring pings.

@airforce: Don't leak my evil plans, I was planning this to exact revenge

Yesterday 20 mbps, but now 5.3 KB/sec ;-; I am going off my PC because my internet speed has made me immensely sad :(

IS IBF loading fine for you guys, it is either taking time or giving em NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error? , sites are hit or miss , some load and some refuse to load after 10 AM, local speeds are fine though(lers hit/miss)

Back