How many devices can I connect to Tikona Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter spm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 64,110
If all wireless devices are connected to Tikona via the router only, then you can connect as many devices as the router permits. Tikona will detect the Router MAC only.
I have personally connected four mobiles, two tabs and two laptops simultaneously.

No. When you connect a router, Tikona registers the MAC of only the router. It does not matter how many devices you connect to the router.

In the above example, the Router is connected to a TV and a PC via LAN and to a mobile, a laptop and a tablet by wifi.
Tikona will register two MACs in this case, one for the LAN and one for the WAN.
If you clone the LAN's MAC to your WAN, then it will register only one MAC.

@chaibiskutbhai - Your last post has been really useful to me.
One Tikona guy who spoke to me, told me that the mac address for each of the wireless devices also will be counted. He kind of hinted that this may not be a limitation if I buy their WiFi router. However, I understand that the router they supply does not have LAN ports and cost 1500/- bucks while one can buy a basic router for about 1000/- bucks with 4 LAN ports. Do you recommend any good VFM router? How difficult is it to set up with Tikona?

Yes. You can login using your smartphone. ICS and JB phones detect the need for login and a notification for login pops up which will lead you to the login page in the phone's default browser!

^ How about iOS? Does it also have that feature?
BTW was wondering if I can use a ADSL modem plus wifi router and configure it for Tikona. I remember reading that we can connect the Tikona LAN cable out of the ruckus box to the LAN 1 connection of the adsl modem/router and configure as bridge and it works. Any idea about that?

Back