How much time does it take for BSNL guys to Activate the Device ?

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 25,936
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata Indicom quick Power 360 + 9 to 9 for 299 @ 2 MBPS !
Hi Friends,How much time did BSNL took in your case to activate the device ?And what exactly happens for activation ?Its almost 4 hrs.. from the time I took the device :wall:-pranKster

If you got the USERID and Password , you can activate the modem and try.
Sometimes they enter your UserId/PW in the modem and give it.
sorry. thought this is for BB.

hey prankster bro, great to know you got it. :) :ashamed:Same thing happened with me. I took it on Friday afternoon and it got activated on next Tuesday and that too after lot of rough, humble, pleading talk. Tomorrow I will post list of few numbers which will help you to get your connection activated quickly. Late activation happens because the real activation is done from Vadodara and not in Pune. :confused:And I know, that time gets real tough when the device remains on your desk but you can't use it.Cheers,Arnold :dance:

Thanks Arni .. does the speed matches the ones that people report (>100KBps) for you ?How does EVDO stand against GPRS ?had to revert to GPRS as all Broadband solutions have failed for me. :cry:Just waitng for EVDO to show is real utility. But first I need numbers... that you promised. :P

First thing, EVDO is working nice for me.

Max Rate I got was:

Down - 198KBps
Up - 35KBps

Average Rate:

Down - Torrent (Public - 20KBps, Private - Above 80Kbps)
Http (Above 80KBps)
Up - 10-15KBps

Speed isn't constant all the time. During 3-4 hrs a day it remains slow but of course a lot more than GPRS. And I get 3 bars not 4.
And what happened to your Indicom connection ?

Indicom connection is doomed to be past..... i am looking for reliable alternatives.... BSNL comes closest to most reliable.

Arnold/Prankster,I have purchased EVDO two days back from Bhawani Peth BSNL exchange, but still its not activated. How much time did BSNL took in your case. Also I have installed EVDO dialer on my machine & its not showing any signal, When I had a word with BSNL technical team, they said, dialer will show signal when we activate your card... Is it true?Thanks In Advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back