How to Authenticate a TP-Link ONT While Bypassing the JioFiber Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter kbhatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 1,167
  • Views Views 120,754
@kbhatt
What that means? 🤔
Running speedtest every 1 hr and bufferbloat every 4 hour and generate monthly report and graph
If the community interested
I think we could as a community can run automated test at various location through pan data and get approx performance data all over India ranging to metro all the way to rural
Yeah, i am using ISP DNS
I am using cloudflare DNS for both IPv4 and IPV6

In the end it a suggestion

@kbhatt test IPv6 in a IPv6 test website and see if it shows any errors or any slowdowns. Yeah, I am from Tripura (your bottom neighbour).

@IfranAli give it a try
For me at that time was essential to provide stability and better performance
I use to get huge fluctuations in both speed and stability but after switching I set and almost forget as it has improved overall experience
But now it seems like something with jio backend has some problem
Still now its good

I was considering business/commerical connection and jio provide only onu that does not have router, switch, wifi, set up box and need to provide own router so does anyone have idea

@Myself I don't think they give any ONU. I saw some videos of business connections being taken, but they were providing the JioRouter as well as a landline switch sorta thing

@Myself
Running speedtest every 1 hr and bufferbloat every 4 hour and generate monthly report and graph
If the community interested
I think we could as a community can run automated test at various location through pan data and get approx performance data all over India ranging to metro all the way to rural
I am interested 🙂...
Please send me automatic with Linux shell..

@IfranAli
Test IPv6 in a IPv6 test website and see if it shows any errors or any slowdowns. Yeah, I am from Tripura (your bottom neighbour).
Okay I will check ipv6 test and maybe after sometime..
Also I am from Kamrup metro Assam.. 🥲

@Myself @kbhatt I just turned on IPv6 again and OMG, the latency is OFF THE ROOF. I literally slammed my keeb and smashed one key whilst ragebaiting. IPv6 test websites REFUSES to open, and when it opens, it just defaults to IPv4. Like in NE, the IPv6 situation AFAIK is literally insane. In speedtest.net, I am getting 8ms loaded latency in Jio Shilling server in IPv4, while IPv6 was 26ms loaded with reduced speeds across DL/UL speeds.

oljuDq8.png
rq2KioM.png
7HWFuf8.png

Last edited:
@IfranAli
Than is extremely disheartening for tier 1 isp to perform poorly with having top priority to it customer
I conducted IPV6 test and here are the current conclusion
As of now only my laptop can access IPV6 but also fails test either IPv4 or IPV6
Although Google IPV6 and cloudflare test were successful and passed the test
FYI: I have archer a6 v2.0, also support openwrt so I try to get that router running openwrt if that improves

@kbhatt
Well I need to see the docker compose file or config file to get the docker image
Currently this week I had switch to truenas scale from openmediavault
The app catlog aka truecharts for truenas scale had shutdown in recent month so I need to check other updated guide to setup properly

Sorry for late posting as I could properly test during night as other family member uses internet till midnight and in afternoon I have classes to attend
And interesting memory regarding latency so I would like to share
On that day JFHG suddenly stop working and I was at class. So mother call me to check what happen so raise complaint on myjio within few hours I got call from technician regarding what happen so I told him and also complaint for high ping and buffering. They replaced the JFHG with a brand new JFHG and replace the previously mechanical splicing to fusion splicing and it got above average improvement in buffering. There was like 30 to 40 ms improvement but not as eliminating JFHG to xz000-g3 v2

Back