How to Authenticate a TP-Link ONT While Bypassing the JioFiber Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter kbhatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 1,167
  • Views Views 120,731
guys where can i buy this TP-Link xz000-g3?

@TheJutsuCaster My ONU is getting to O5 state & also getting some tx & rx. Will the guys at airtel be able to flush my MAC address? Someone mentioned on this forum that airtel uses only GPON SN to authenticate.
Also its worth mentioning that previously I was using giant TP-Link WR841HP high power router but surprisingly my new Linksys E5600 with OpenWRT outperforms it in wifi coverage & still being smaller with internal antenna.

@puneet87k call your local operator who is managing your connection
how to establish connection with a router whether its based on GPON authentication / by mac address is decided by the operator who is managing the OLT if he doesn't know abt gpon authentication , then chances are mostly by MAC address
there is gpon authentication option in TP Link XZ000-G3
my operator has an XPON OLT and TP-Link xz00g3 was detected on his ONT.
tplink xz00g3 has a auto detect feature of vlan / connection mode

these are the screen shot of my tplink xz000g3/ sorry for the brazalin language.

@SpeedxThunder thanks for letting me know
... since i am in this firmware for so long and i am not facing any issue i think i will stick with this for now .

Today i got XZ000-G3 V2 ONT and i could configure successfully with Airtel.

@puneet87k Initially i also faced same issue of O5 state, but pppoe connection failure. Then changed VLAN ID to 950, then it started working. This TP-Link ONT has vlan scan function, which gave out 950 too. so tried that and it started working.

Faced same speed fluctuation issue, then experimented with OMCC version. As of now for OMCC version: 0xA1 the speed seems to stable. So @kbhatt try playing with OMCC version.

Back