How to bypass Airtel Fair Usage Policy

ISP
Airtel
I have a 8Mbps airtel plan with a FUP limit of 15GB. On wi-fi, I have the following devices connected -
1. 3 Laptops
2. 1 I-pad, and a Galaxy tab.
3. 3-4 Phones.
4. Playstation.
Fair to say I usually end up exceeding the 15GB limit only about 10 days into the billing cycle, after which I have to rely on smart-bytes to maintain download speed.
What I need to ask is do I have any alternative apart from upgrading to a much costlier plan...?
Is there any option which I can change in router, through which I can bypass FUP.....?
Is changing the DNS to google dns an option..?
Or is there anything else which I could do...?
Thanks in advance for any help.

There is no other option.

8mbps for 15 GB should be named "Robbing naive customers". It's like going 1 mile in a bullet train and then switching to bullock cart for 1000 miles. There is no option other than switching to costlier plans, but I do not see why someone like you should not go for a 2 or 1mbps plan with a higher FUP. In India, you cannot get both speed and Data without spending some bucks.
There are no legal ways to bypass FUP, and if everyone does it, Airtel would come up with even more ridiculous plans.
I suggest everyone to avoid Google DNS, especially if you download a lot from Steam, Origin, etc. The reason being Akamai(where most downloads are stored) determine your location by the DNS address, and if you have Google DNS, you will be downloading from a server in USA and get pathetic speeds. Use Airtel DNS.
If you exhaust your data limit in 10 days, you are not doing it right, please switch to a higher FUP plan and stop giving away money to Airtel via their smartbytes crap. No one should use it.

Back