Temporary workarounds for Airtel Fair Usage Policy?

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,214
Samuel said:
We have a backroom section that can be used for discussions like this.
invite only? *conditions applied*?
-paul
time to hit history channel - alien ancestors, some alien buff? nah, dunno not sure. ciao! calling it a day!

Samuel said:
where?

Well, we used to have one I suppose as we do have it for MTNL.
Can be created though :)

Samuel said:
#samuel : may I get an invite or a tip to the location : i need to discuss a recent development on my airtel connection and am looking for in[uts and tips

No access. Seems like access is limited to users with higher number of posts.

This hack never works. I have resetted the modem many times, and i dont get the original speed anytime.

Airtel just fixed a major flaw which was giving many, many users no FUP on their connection. Several users had no FUP for years unbeknownst to them because of a particular modem brand that had a text input bug while entering the settings. Basically, if you were using this modem there would be no FUP.

mreccentric said:
So whats that modem you are talking? Do you have the same modem?
That would be illegal; and it doesn't work anymore anyway. You don't have to use that particular modem. If you're observant enough to see what that modem was doing wrong, you could do it yourself on any modem. It was a simple text parsing / user interface bug that would be apparent when you clicked the Save button after entering the settings. If you were observant, you'd keep trying to correct it and conclude that the modem was faulty because you'd assume the connection wouldn't work, but if you missed it like most people you'd just close the modem page but the Internet would actually work with no FUP!

Back