How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,024
HiI am giving below my internet usage for a day, this will be my average usage for a day. i have UL750 home plan, however, i want to change to home compo plan to have better bandwidth ? considering my usage, is it advisable to change to limited plan ? also pls tell me how to calculate the chargeable download from this data. the net is being used maximum in day time.usage for a day;date download/upload2009-03-04 08:27:20 2009-03-04 17:21:53 download -131128 upload - 24129 total - 155257This is my usage until now for this month;984223 (download) 110503 (upload)Please advise me if i can change my plan to limited package and what is my chargeable download if i do so ?thanksshan

Hello guys,

The current plan I am having is Home plan 500. Till the date I was only having one computer at my place and now a laptop is also there. I have configured the modem, i.e, TYPE 1, smartAX MT882 to work in both laptop and as well as computer at the same time by the following way and its working like a charm - SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

Now my questions are -

1. Am I allowed to use this way? I mean is it LEGAL to use the one connection at 2 computers at a time?
2. According to the way I used, it is using different IPs for different computers, is there any problem?
3. I am thinking of shifting to UL 750 plan, is the multi use like i have done with Home Plan 500 allowed/possible?

I need the answers to the questions very urgently, please help me out guys.

Regards,
ArpitB

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post... by mistake due to connection error i posted twice.

1 , 2 & 3 No problemS .Changing tariff plansIf you apply today change will be effected only on 1 st April 2009.Even if they change earlier ( unlikely ) always check in usage portal, whether the plan has been changed !Don't say later, I "changed" my plan , and startheavy d/l in day time !

1 , 2 & 3 No problemS .
Changing tariff plans
If you apply today
change will be effected only on 1 st April 2009.
Even if they change earlier ( unlikely )
always check in usage portal,
whether the plan has been changed !

Don't say later, I "changed" my plan , and start
heavy d/l in day time !

but according to their TOS, home plan users are allowed to coonect only 1 computer, how far is this correct?

No probs man you can connect as many devices as supported by your modem, I have a type IV modem with Wifi and I have connected 2 computers using Ethernet Ports and about 5 of my Neighbours' Desktops and laptops using Wifi.If BSNL want that the user should only connect one computer to their service they would have never put more than 1 port for connection in their modems.

No probs man you can connect as many devices as supported by your modem, I have a type IV modem with Wifi and I have connected 2 computers using Ethernet Ports and about 5 of my Neighbours' Desktops and laptops using Wifi.If BSNL want that the user should only connect one computer to their service they would have never put more than 1 port for connection in their modems.
But I am using different IPs for connecting via modem, is there any problem?

Hi,You are using about 150MB per day. You have also mentioned that this connection is used maximum during the day time. So, according to your needs, UL750 plan satisfies your needs. I would suggest you to stick with your current plan. That's the best option for now. If you can afford 1350 INR per month, then upgrade to UL1350 plan to get 512 Kbps UL. :)

Hi,
Today when I checked by broadband usage online, there is strange entry.
Its usage from 07:55AM to 8:04AM, charged bytes are 0. I do not understand how its possible?
Any thoughts?

--DpK

Its possible that there is a bug in the meter. If a session has been initiated before 8am it will not count it in the usage. However, I do not have BSNL and this is merely speculation. You could d/l something to the tune of 5-10mb in a seperate session (say 7.55 to 8.15) and see.

Back