How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

• Thread starter Thread starter mandeamit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 137,361
Hi Shashi,
I have configured D-Link 2750U using your steps. But I cant use more than 2 devices. Can u please suggest a way so that I can login once and all other devices can use wifi as well as via ethernet.
Thanks,
Vimal

Last edited by a moderator:
Geekays.Net said:
Hi Shashi,
Thanks for this nice post.
I could configure my DSL-2750u router following these steps.
The next step that I am trying to achieve is as follows:
1. My router has a USB port and I added a HDD onto it.
2. The disk is reachable using 192.168.1.1publicusb1_1
3. After the modifications as described by you, I can access the disk if I connect using LAN1
4. I wish to connect to it using wl0.
5. So I am looking at implementing some routing/NATting
6. But not yet successful.
Can you shed some light on any possible way for this?
Regards,
Kangkan
Sorry, I am not sure about how to configure USB, pls share in the same post with complete steps once ur successful in this.
vvvimal said:
Hi Shashi,
I have configured D-Link 2750U using your steps. But I cant use more than 2 devices. Can u please suggest a way so that I can login once and all other devices can use wifi as well as via ethernet.
Thanks,
Vimal
I assume u are using tikona, hence ur unable to connect (them online) more than 2 devices. Its tikona's limit that they do not allow more than 2 devices simultaneously logging in.

skyabcred said:
my router stopped responding after trying to complete step 5. I had to then hard reset it. please help. I have a rj45 lan cable coming from my wireless receiver which I need to connect to D-Link 2750u to make my environment wireless.
You might have connected to a different port other than LAN1 while you were configuring these steps. Try connecting to your admin login page with LAN cable in LAN1 port and you should be able to continue further and connect fine. Many people have followed these steps and successfully connected (see their posts below)

vvvimal said:
Hi Shashi,
Thanks,
Vimal
I searched for a post which mentions about a hack to use same MAC on different devices.

Hi Shashi,
I was able to connect to internet via WIFI as well as LAN(i.e. 2 connections) for 1 day. The next day onwards I am unable to open the tikona login page even if I am connected to WIFI. My internet connection via LAN(single PC) is working fine. I tried it on 2 phones but still I am not able to get the tikona login page. What should I do to get it working?

vvvimal said:
Hi Shashi,
I was able to connect to internet via WIFI as well as LAN(i.e. 2 connections) for 1 day. The next day onwards I am unable to open the tikona login page even if I am connected to WIFI. My internet connection via LAN(single PC) is working fine. I tried it on 2 phones but still I am not able to get the tikona login page. What should I do to get it working?
Is everything fine now? coz im gonna buy this router for my tikona connection by this week

hello shashi,
i'm using dsl 2750u and configured the same using given steps.
though i had the same issue at step 5 and could not complete remaining setup, i was able to connect using wifi by connecting to lan2 port.
just after i click apply/save settings on 5 step's page, router stopped access to 192.168.1.1.
now im not able to open 192.168.1.1 using lan1 port after several tries.
Please Help.
Tnq... :)

vvvimal said:
Hi Shashi,
Tikona allows you to connect to it from 2 MAC addresses simultaneously. And once a MAC address is registered, it is not unregistered automatically. Check if you have two MAC addresses already registered on Tikona. You may remove both of them and try connecting.
raj2007 said:
Is everything fine now? coz im gonna buy this router for my tikona connection by this week
If you want to buy a new router for Tikona, do not buy ADSL router. The router once configured the way we are discussing here, starts working as a mere switch. Rother look for a router that has RJ45 WAN port with or without ADSL.

Geekays.Net said:
Tikona allows you to connect to it from 2 MAC addresses simultaneously. And once a MAC address is registered, it is not unregistered automatically. Check if you have two MAC addresses already registered on Tikona. You may remove both of them and try connecting.
If you want to buy a new router for Tikona, do not buy ADSL router. The router once configured the way we are discussing here, starts working as a mere switch. Rother look for a router that has RJ45 WAN port with or without ADSL.
So will the below router work with Tikona(so that I can connect more than 5 devices at a time). I want to login only once on the Tikona site and other devices should get internet without logging in on their site.
https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-mr3420-3g-4g-wireless-n-router/p/itmdet9bxmndehck?pid=RTRDET9AQR7EMM2G&ref=341dc4e9-843f-421e-8a77-041ee55e0582

If not than please can you suggest some other router with 300mbps speed and USB support.

vvvimal said:
So will the below router work with Tikona(so that I can connect more than 5 devices at a time). I want to login only once on the Tikona site and other devices should get internet without logging in on their site.
https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-mr3420-3g-4g-wireless-n-router/p/itmdet9bxmndehck?pid=RTRDET9AQR7EMM2G&ref=341dc4e9-843f-421e-8a77-041ee55e0582

If not than please can you suggest some other router with 300mbps speed and USB support.
Yes, this meets your requirement. If you are looking for some gaming console and NAS with media streaming, in that case you should spend more for a gigabit router with 5MHz frequency. For normal use, this router is sufficient.
If you wish to use dd-wrt (http://dd-wrt.co.in/), then look at compatibility on ddwrt site.

Back