How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

• Thread starter Thread starter mandeamit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 137,361
Same router (D-Link DSL-2750U) with Tata Docomo Broadband (Wi-Fi) connection.
Can anyone tell me how to configure this router with Tata Docomo Broadband (Wi-Fi) connection?
I'hv D-Link DIR-505 (Booster) / (Range Extender).
Can anyone tell me how to connect D-Link DIR-505 to D-Link DSL-2750U?
[email protected]

Are you saying that you wish to use Tata Docomo Wireless USB Dongle with DSL-2750U? In that case, you cannot use the Docomo dongle. DSL-2750U is currently compatible to D-Link DWM-156 USB dongle only. You can use the DIR-505 to use the Docomo Dongle however. You can configure DIR-505 as the main AP and the DSL-2750 as the bridge/extender. I have not tried to run 2750 in bridge mode so far as I have a single router.

The D-Link 2750u is actually capable of being used as a ethernet router also, though this feature is not available in the Indian firmware. The feature can be seen on the Indian dlink product page under specs in router features (LAN/WAN switchable port) but despite many mails to them they have not enabled this.
Anyway, this feature is available on the ME firmware. Also many 3g dongles can be used after applying the ME firmware, for eg I can now use the Idea netsetter dongle - Huawei E1732. The firmware can be found here (shared by a kind Middle East user)
http://www21.link-removed.com/v/26312555/file.html
Instructions: Make sure your hardware version is C1 (check label under the router). The firmware may not be accepted in the normal firmware update mode. Then you'll need to update it in the dlink crash recovery mode using a LAN cable (not wirelessly). Assign a static address on the PC for the ethernet interface in the 192.168.1.x series for eg 192.168.1.5
Switch router off, press the reset button ie insert ballpoint pen in reset hole under the router, keep holding the reset button and turn on the router. Keep holding the reset button for about 12 seconds after you power on the router. Now you'll see that the power led has turned red signifying that the router is in crash recovery mode. When you enter the address 192.168.1.1 on your PC browser, you find the upgrade firmware page. Just browse to the downloaded firmware file and flash! Enjoy the many new features!

Last edited by a moderator:
Manoj Mathew said:
The D-Link 2750u is actually capable of being used as a ethernet router also, though this feature is not available in the Indian firmware. The feature can be seen on the Indian dlink product page under specs in router features (LAN/WAN switchable port) but despite many mails to them they have not enabled this.
Anyway, this feature is available on the ME firmware. Also many 3g dongles can be used after applying the ME firmware, for eg I can now use the Idea netsetter dongle - Huawei E1732. The firmware can be found here (shared by a kind Middle East user)
http://www21.link-removed.com/v/26312555/file.htmlInstructions: Make sure your hardware version is C1 (check label under the router). The firmware may not be accepted in the normal firmware update mode. Then you'll need to update it in the dlink crash recovery mode using a LAN cable (not wirelessly). Assign a static address on the PC for the ethernet interface in the 192.168.1.x series for eg 192.168.1.5
Switch router off, press the reset button ie insert ballpoint pen in reset hole under the router, keep holding the reset button and turn on the router. Keep holding the reset button for about 12 seconds after you power on the router. Now you'll see that the power led has turned red signifying that the router is in crash recovery mode. When you enter the address 192.168.1.1 on your PC browser, you find the upgrade firmware page. Just browse to the downloaded firmware file and flash! Enjoy the many new features!
Great news!
As the router is critical for my work, I shall not flash it today. Thursday evening will be a good time as it is followed by the long weekend.
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Kangkan

Manoj Mathew said:
http://www21.link-removed.com/v/26312555/file.htmlInstructions: Make sure your hardware version is C1 (check label under the router). The firmware may not be accepted in the normal firmware update mode. Then you'll need to update it in the dlink crash recovery mode using a LAN cable (not wirelessly). Assign a static address on the PC for the ethernet interface in the 192.168.1.x series for eg 192.168.1.5
I flashed it, and i can now use internet connecting rj45 cable. but now the problem is, i cannot log into my router. i dont know under which ip, it is connected to the pc. please help, its urgent

You won't be directly able to use it as a ethernet router after flashing, for that you need to add a layer2 ethernet interface and then add a WAN service for that interface with the correct settings. Now, you're merely using it as a switch. Remove the WAN cable, connect to the PC with a LAN cable and it will still be accessible at 192.168.1.1

Manoj Mathew said:
You won't be directly able to use it as a ethernet router after flashing, for that you need to add a layer2 ethernet interface and then add a WAN service for that interface with the correct settings. Now, you're merely using it as a switch. Remove the WAN cable, connect to the PC with a LAN cable and it will still be accessible at 192.168.1.1
does that mean i cannot log into my wifi router if i use it this way? can i use the usb drive of the router at least?

You will always be able to log in to your router even wirelessly, but first you need to set it up correctly right? Right now there might be a conflict with both the router and your WAN interface having the same ip address 192.168.1.1, which is why with the WAN cable you're not getting the router page. Take the time to figure out what needs to be done to get it all working correctly.

Manoj Mathew said:
You will always be able to log in to your router even wirelessly, but first you need to set it up correctly right? Right now there might be a conflict with both the router and your WAN interface having the same ip address 192.168.1.1, which is why with the WAN cable you're not getting the router page. Take the time to figure out what needs to be done to get it all working correctly.
I am not completely lost but I am bad at networking. pls help me finding a solution to this

One shouldn't expect to be spoonfed yaar, try to be more self-reliant. Anyway, provide me the exact details of your WAN connection setup. How do you normally connect to Siti broadband? Tell me all the settings needed on your PC and all that you do to get connected.

Back