How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

• Thread starter Thread starter mandeamit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 137,362
Using: Tikona broadband, which allows me to use 2 simultaneous login for 2 diff. MAC address's.
Planning: for " D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) ".
Need: to Split the incoming LAN connection Cable into 2, One for regular Desktop & Second for the WiFi Router so as to use my other 3 WiFi enabled devices(Phones/Tablets) via Router simultaneously/parallaly with desktop LAN.
Can this be done, without clashing MAC addresses, with this Router Model..!!???
P.S.: Suggest any/some other Models full-filling these requirements..!!
Awaiting response..
-k33d4.

Why this particular requirement? Can't you connect the desktop to one of the LAN ports of 2750u and use all the devices through the router after flashing it with the ME frmware? This will utilise a single login and single MAC. Desktop and the other devices will be in the same LAN.
If you really want to use it as two separate connections to TiKona, connect Tikona wire to a 4 port switch and connect the switch to the WAN port of the router (after flashing ME firmware). The desktop can also be connected to the switch. This will utilise 2 logins and 2 MACs. The desktop and the other devices will not be in the same LAN. The same could also possibly be accomplished by using the 3 LAN ports of the router instead of a switch after creating an isolated vlan. And then connecting a cable from the vlan port to the WAN port. I've not tested this and it would require quite a bit of R&D to see if it's feasible.
Whether you use one or two logins, it's not going to make any difference to the performance. So unless you have a specific need to separate the desktop and the other devices, I would suggest the first option.

k33d4 said:
Using: Tikona broadband, which allows me to use 2 simultaneous login for 2 diff. MAC address's.
Planning: for " D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) ".
Need: to Split the incoming LAN connection Cable into 2, One for regular Desktop & Second for the WiFi Router so as to use my other 3 WiFi enabled devices(Phones/Tablets) via Router simultaneously/parallaly with desktop LAN.
Awaiting response..
-k33d4.
Dear Subscriber,
In order to assist you, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number # TIKOC2685 to your case. Request you to write to us on [email protected]. with your details and mention the reference number in the subject line.
Regards,
Tikona Care

k33d4 said:
Awaiting response..
-k33d4.
Dear Subscriber,
Please be assured that your concern listed Oct 24, 2013 has been noted and our team is working on addressing the same.
Regards,
Tikona Care

Hello, as I mentioned above I'm able to configure and access D-Link 2750U for Tikona. But my PC loses IP intermittently. Sometimes after half an hour or sometimes after 1-2 hours. There is no specific pattern to it. It shows a yellow triangle in the system tray. If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working.
I've raised this issue with Tikona multiple times but they say that they do not have any issue from their side. I've tried with direct ethernet cable also but I get the same problem with that too. Any thoguths?

nitinchobhe said:
Hello, as I mentioned above I'm able to configure and access D-Link 2750U for Tikona. But my PC loses IP intermittently. Sometimes after half an hour or sometimes after 1-2 hours. There is no specific pattern to it. It shows a yellow triangle in the system tray. If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working.
I've raised this issue with Tikona multiple times but they say that they do not have any issue from their side. I've tried with direct ethernet cable also but I get the same problem with that too. Any thoguths?
@nitinchobhe: What exactly have you done? You changed the firmware as discussed in this thread or using the router as a mere switch?
Also, what exactly do you mean by "If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working."? Do you power off the adaptor and restart it? In that case, there might be an issue with the outdoor unit.
Regards,
k33d4 said:
Awaiting response..
-k33d4.
@k33d4: Why do you want to split? If you wish to access from your desktop, you may simply connect to the router from your desktop.

Geekays.Net said:
@nitinchobhe: What exactly have you done? You changed the firmware as discussed in this thread or using the router as a mere switch?
Also, what exactly do you mean by "If I reset the Tikona adaptor, yellow triangle is disappeared and the internet starts working."? Do you power off the adaptor and restart it? In that case, there might be an issue with the outdoor unit.
Regards,
@k33d4: Why do you want to split? If you wish to access from your desktop, you may simply connect to the router from your desktop.
I updated the firmware of the router and using it as a router. yes, by reset I mean I power it off and the power it ON. Actually my building has a main antenna of Tikona (bigger device used for giving access to other buildings in my area).
Yeah, may be it has problems. But these useless @Tikona Care guys are not in a mood to resolve the problem. I'm raising complaints since last 3 weeks... :-(

@GeeKays.Net:
I've a plan that allows me to register only 'two' connections/MAC addresses at a time..
So, I need to split it, so that even when my Desktop is not up/running, I can connect more than 2 devices, with different MAC addresses other than that of my desktop on the second ip provided by tikona, as my 1st one is reserved permanently for my desktop..!!!

@GeeKays.Net:I've a plan that allows me to register only 'two' connections/MAC addresses at a time..So, I need to split it, so that even when my Desktop is not up/running, I can connect more than 2 devices, with different MAC addresses other than that of my desktop on the second ip provided by tikona, as my 1st one is reserved permanently for my desktop..!!!
Clone one of the MACs on other devices.

Back